Author Topic: Preventing commands from showing on build window?  (Read 1756 times)

radensb

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Preventing commands from showing on build window?
« on: June 26, 2013, 09:56:03 pm »
I am using the concur_command() function to send commands to the .process buffer. All is well, but I would like to prevent the command itself from displaying in the build window? There are a few reasons for this:
1) Some of the commands that are being sent contain passwords that I do not want to be displayed.
2) Multiple commands are sent one after the other and the commands begin execution immediately. This causes the output of the executing commands to get jumbled with the commands that are being sent after.

Again, all I want to see is the output from the executing commands, not the commands themselves. Is there a setting that can disable this or can it be done programatically??

Thanks!
-Ryan

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 315
Re: Preventing commands from showing on build window?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:48:22 pm »
Maybe you could write all the commands to a batch file and at the start of the batch file have "echo off".

Or maybe use _PipeShellResult to execute the command, capture the output, write the output to a text file, run a batch file to "type" the text file.