Author Topic: Open Multiple Instances in SlickEdit 2013  (Read 7018 times)

dv_upmc

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Open Multiple Instances in SlickEdit 2013
« on: June 21, 2013, 05:58:57 PM »
I've just downloaded and installed the release version of SlickEdit 2013.  While attempting to view two C# projects side by side, I find that vs+new no longer works.  A search of the forums reveals only a few discussions about the behavior changing in the Beta.  I can't find anything on how to open up a separate instance of SlickEdit 2013 so I can open another project, and view two projects in two different windows.

Is this possible with SlickEdit 2013?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Open Multiple Instances in SlickEdit 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 11:46:01 PM »
If "vs +new" stops working, view your process list and make sure there are no hidden SlickEdit processes running.

You still need to invoke a copy of vs for each workspace/project you want to open. 

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »
Just to support Clark's assertion that it should operate as it had in previous versions, I have no issues launching multiple instances of Slickedit 2013 using the following command: (Windows x64)
C:\Program Files\SlickEditV18.0.0 x64\win\vs.exe +new

I always launch Slickedit via a hotkey with this command bound to it.

dv_upmc

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 04:49:53 PM »
Ok, I think I've figured it out.  I used to be able to hit ESC while in SlickEdit, and in the command line (or whatever it's called) in the lower-left corner, enter: VS+new and a new instance would open.  That no longer works, returning an Unknown Command error.

I am able to launch a second instance via a shortcut where I've added +new to the end of the command line.  A little less convenient, but a workaround nonetheless.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
Is the new installation not in your path?