Author Topic: V18 References not filtering correctly on Mac, but are on PC  (Read 2437 times)

ExtremeXS

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
V18 References not filtering correctly on Mac, but are on PC
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:55:49 pm »
If I locate a method in my C# project and search for references for it using Ctrl+/ I am getting different results in the References window.

On V18 PC, I get the initial set of all matching files in the references window, which then filter down to only two files that are really relevant.  All as expected.

On V18 Mac, I get the initial larger set of all possibly matches, but the filtering down to the correct matches does not happen.  (Previous V17/V16 behaved as expected and like the PC).

It's like the second stage references filtering is not running on the Mac (not noticed anything out of sync with my pc to mac options, esp as working on earlier versions).

The results of course affects refactoring as well as that uses the same filtering techniques which also fail on the Mac build.

Cheers,
Mark

ExtremeXS

Re: V18 References not filtering correctly on Mac, but are on PC
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:47:29 pm »

and still broken on V18.0.1 on Mac also.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 465
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 12:19:02 pm »
It sounds like you have "Find references incrementally" turned on.

Check your settings in Tools > Options > Editing > Context Tagging > References

ExtremeXS

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 01:33:51 pm »
Nope already checked that, and it's turned off.

I've checked with that setting on and just lists the first entry.  This is the post full list not filtering to actual matches not global matches, that all PC and previous Mac builds did post  completing populating the references window.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:36:26 pm by ExtremeXS »