Author Topic: When will you support multiple instances?  (Read 1575 times)

lambertia

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
  • I have nothing sufficiently witty to say.
When will you support multiple instances?
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:37:32 am »
Hi!

I'm wondering when you'll support multiple instances properly? I am tired of importing and exporting options every time I change some sort of configuration so that I can use them in another instance. I have no problems with the +new flag I just wish SE could take the options from one place for all instances.

I would have taken this over the MDI changes any day!

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
Re: When will you support multiple instances?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:30:41 am »
+new doesn't cause it to use a different profile.  I use it in the shortcut I use to launch SE.  Unless you also use the -SC switch, you'll always be using the same profile.

lambertia

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:06 am »
Yes that's correct I do also use the -sc switch. If you don't use that switch will the multiple instances be able to update the configurations correctly? I recall that there would be exclusive access errors and config won't get saved?

lambertia

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 05:48:43 am »
Also, if you don't use the -sc switch then the file history and all of that kind of thing are not remembered on a per instance basis. When I'm running multiple instances its normally in difference branches and so I want the history and bookmark and so forth to match the tree I'm in. On more than one occasion I've opened a bookmark and edited away just to see that the bookmark is a file in the wrong branch. That can be very annoying!