Author Topic: can't use error messages generated by visual studio 2012 compiler  (Read 3066 times)

deuse

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
can't use error messages generated by visual studio 2012 compiler
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »
VS2012 has a different error format as VS2010. For 2012 it is e.g.

1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: LgServer, Konfiguration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>C:\D\Cs\LogiGon\LgServ\Ws.cs(214,24,214,35): error CS0103: Der Name 'sConnString' ist im aktuellen Kontext nicht vorhanden.
========== Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich, 1 fehlerhaft, 3 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========

Unfortunately, but somehow expected, SlickEdit doesn't support this (despite it should) even in Vers. 18.
My problem is, that I can't jump to the appr. souce code position anymore by first-error, next-error etc.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance
Otto
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:02:47 PM by deuse »

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: can't use error messages generated by visual studio 2012 compiler
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
The regular expression that is being used to parse the expressions needs a little tweak.
Here's the new expression
^(:i>|[ \t]@){#0?*}\({#1:i}(,{#2:i}|)(,:i|)(,:i|)\) *\: {#3?*$}

Go to the Build > Configure Error Parsing menu item to bring up the configuration dialog. In the "Windows Default" section, you'll see an expression entitled Visual Studio. Double-click that entry to edit it and copy/paste the expression above.

As an alternative to that, I believe there is a way in Visual Studio (either globally or per-Solution/Project) that will allow you to not report the extra line,column information in the build output.

deuse

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: can't use error messages generated by visual studio 2012 compiler
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »
I created a new entry with your expression and reordered the existing sequence.
Now it works.

Thanks for your help!!!