Author Topic: Why is vsproxy.exe being used for FTP connections  (Read 1372 times)

TxDot

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Why is vsproxy.exe being used for FTP connections
« on: October 07, 2013, 12:00:07 pm »
I'm trying to connect via FTP to an MVS host but am being blocked by the company firewall policy. The policy has an exception rule for vs.exe but the firewall activity logs show the access is being attempted by vsproxy.exe. I do not have FTP set up to use a proxy server. Proxy Settings are set to None, FTP Default Options -> Firewall/Proxy does not have the Enable firewall/proxy box checked. I have Log SlickEdit proxy events checked but the vsproxy.log file doesn't show much of anything. There are other people here that are able to successfully connect via FTP to the MVS host and they have the same firewall policy that I have (corporate wide). In fact, when I had SE 2007 installed, the firewall activity logs showed that the access is being attempted by vs.exe. This indicates that something has changed between SE 2007 and SE 2011. I am using the latest maintenance for SE 2011.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 47
Re: Why is vsproxy.exe being used for FTP connections
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:37:22 pm »
Nothing has changed. 'vsproxy.exe' has always been used to mediate FTP connections. The 'proxy' in the name has nothing whatsoever to do with your firewall/proxy settings. You need to allow vsproxy.exe through.

++rodney