Author Topic: Copy from Search Window?  (Read 3149 times)

davew

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Copy from Search Window?
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »
Is there no way to copy from the search window or from search output in an editor window?
Also, VIM emulation does not work in the search window - even if I choose "Output to editor window".
Yes, I understand that I can output to an editor window, save to a file, then copy from that file, but this should be integrated into the IDE.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:15:44 PM by davew »

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
Re: Copy from Search Window?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:56:33 PM »
I gather you want to use VIM keys/commands to copy from the search window, is that right?

I'm able to copy from the search window by using the mouse to select characters/lines and then using Ctrl+C.  My emulation is CUA.

davew

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:13:59 AM »
Thanks for responding Chris.
I want to use VIM keys in the search window, but apparently, when you are in VIM mode, CUA keys don't work either. I tried selecting and Ctrl-C also and got nothing. So there must be a problem with the VIM emulation in this window.

By the way, I tried this on the latest (18.1.2 with cumulative hotfix 5).

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »
Vim commands are intentionally disabled in Search Results and Build windows, even when displayed as editor windows.  If I recall, there may have been issues making it correctly work in tool window view.  I don't think anyone has looked at it in a good while, so it might be worth revisiting to see if it can be made to work for Vim properly.  You should be able to make a selection and use the menu shortcuts to copy to clipboard as a workaround.

davew

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »
Thanks Lee. If I select and choose Edit > Copy directly from the Search window, it does not work. However, if I do that from the editor window, it does. It would be nice to have this working from the Search window with VIM emulation though :).