Author Topic: My SlickEdit search behavior seems to have changed  (Read 2343 times)

dfechser

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
My SlickEdit search behavior seems to have changed
« on: November 22, 2013, 05:20:10 PM »
As of yesterday the behavior of my searches has changed. I've not installed a new update and have not intentionally changed my options.
Previously, when I selected a word and searched SlickEdit would find the next instance of the word, ^G would move to the next instance, and so forth.

Now, when I select a word the search just stays with that word. I have to move the cursor off of the word and then type ^G to find the next. Once I've done this it works normally for continued ^G searches.

I cannot see an option that controls this in the search window or in Tools>>Options>>Editing>>Search but I'm probably simply not recognizing it.

Thank you for your help.

Dave F.

dfechser

Re: My SlickEdit search behavior seems to have changed
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »
I see this same behavior when doing a Replace and I hit "Yes" to perform a replace and search again; it doesn't search again unless I start outside of the original word.

kchalmer

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
Check the "Look in:" setting in the search dialog.  It sounds like it might be set to "Current Selection", when you want the behaviour of "Current Buffer".

-Ken

dfechser

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
Thanks!  I use the "Look in" menu a lot when doing Find in Files; I must have hit it by mistake in a normal find.
Search is working normally again.
Thanks,
Dave F.