Author Topic: Help! Word-searching stuck on!  (Read 2962 times)

brebey

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 58
  • Hero Points: 2
Help! Word-searching stuck on!
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:06:51 AM »
I'm evaluating an upgrade to SE v2013, after having used SE2007 for many years. 

I've got a key bound to toggle-so-matchword (which toggles "Exact Word Match" on or off for text searches via "search-forward", "search-backward", or "search-again").  I toggled it on for a search, and that worked great.

HOWEVER, it's now "stuck"!  The "toggle" seems to just be an "on".  I can't get "Exact Word" off, so it's now very cumbersome to do searches.  No matter how many times I execute "toggle-so-matchword", I'm stuck in "Exact Word" mode.

Anyone know how I can fix this??

hs2

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 2759
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: Help! Word-searching stuck on!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:51:10 AM »
The search settings should be reflected in Tools > Options > Editing > Search.
Try 'toggle-so-matchword' and check the effect in the options dialog and repeat.
This should work (exactly like e.g. 'toggle-so-regex', etc.)..
At least I can't see a good reason why not at the first place.
Good luck,
HS2

Graeme

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 2787
  • Hero Points: 346
Re: Help! Word-searching stuck on!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:57:36 AM »
I think toggle-so-matchword changes the default setting  - which won't change the search settings for a search already started.  If you bring up the find dialog it will leave the "whole word" setting at what it was for the last search you did  - but if you right click and select "default options" it will apply your default settings.

Maybe that's different to what SE20007 did.  It's not really a documented/ published macro though.

brebey

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 58
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: Help! Word-searching stuck on!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:50 PM »
Hey, thanks, guys!  You're right - Tools|Options|Search|"Match Whole Word" is the setting attached to the macro.  For whatever reason, it was stuck "on", and re-applying the macro wouldn't toggle the setting.  I was able, however, to manually change the setting via the GUI and turn off Match Whole Word.

Better still, once I did that, my Toggle Whole Word key appears to be working fine again, and it does in fact toggle the setting.

Now I know how to un-stick it should it get stuck again.

Thanks again!