Author Topic: Core for Kepler : Betas now available  (Read 26621 times)

gchouini

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Core for Kepler : Betas now available
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »
what is the schedule for the next release?

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »
We don't have a set-in-stone date for the next beta release as we hold off until we have a sufficient number of fixes to test. That being said, I anticipate we'll have one more beta drop before the end of this month, and we're targeting having the "gold" release in July.

danjben

• New Community Member
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Now that Eclipse Luna is publicly released is there plan to support SE Core inside of it? I ask because I gave it a try today and it did not work.
I was using Eclipse Luna x64 on Windows 7 with JRE8(x64) and the latest SE Core Kepler Beta.
I have attached the error log given when it failed to load the plugin for the main editor window.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »
@danjben: Thanks for the report and the error log. We tested this ourselves against a couple other systems with 4.4 and found the same problem.

Right now we're focused on cleaning up the last remaining issues that affect the 4.3 release so that we can have that wrapped up by the middle of July. We'll dig a little deeper into what is causing the problem in 4.4, and if it's a small/simple fix, we'll incorporate that. But we're not going to delay our 4.3 release any longer if the 4.4 issue is time-consuming to either diagnose or to fix. If the 4.4 fix is complex, then I think we'll release the 4.3 variant in July, finish up some work we have for the desktop product's initial betas, and then work on a service pack for 4.4 after that.

danjben

• New Community Member
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 08:34:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
Could you please let us know when you release 4.3 if Luna is supported or not, either in the release notes or at least on this forum?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 02:25:32 PM »
New update released for Core.  See this topic for details.