Author Topic: What kind of license do I need to install on multiple computers?  (Read 2886 times)

xagent

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I want to install on a Linux work machine or work, as well as my personal Linux laptop to do my personal things. These are two separate physical computers and the user names/logins are different. I am not sure how Slickedit keeps track of licenses - what would stop someone from giving the license to a friend? In my case Do I need a Named License or Concurrent license?

garion911

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 13
Re: What kind of license do I need to install on multiple computers?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:39:45 AM »
From someone who asked them this several years ago, you would get the named license.. You can then legally use it on any computer you control.. You can not lend it to a friend (legally)..

Thats how they explained it to me several years ago. I use SE at home and at work with my own license.

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
I would second that. Named license is the way to go.

And if it's not too late, opt for the maintenance. $60/year comes out to $5/month, and entitles you to whine, complain, and do all kinds of things.  Or just get the "free" upgrades every year.  I pay it just for the upgrades. Makes me kind of happy. 

I use it on my 3 work computers, 1 work laptop, 1 home computer, two personal (business) laptops, and a jump drive for when I don't have my own computer with me, but need to work on files.  The tool kit is just too amazing to try to do without.

No, I don't get anything from SE for my effort.  I just appreciate a great little tool that does a job well. 

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »
+1 HS2