Author Topic: SlickEdit cannot accept typing  (Read 4461 times)

davidlee62

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
SlickEdit cannot accept typing
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:29:57 pm »
SE 11.0 for Linux, which cannot accept any typing. My OS is suse 10.0, use Chinese character, just install se in my notebook, but find it cannot accept typing.

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
Re: SlickEdit cannot accept typing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:51:05 pm »
For v11 of SE, you need to use the workaround from

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=706.0

In summary, you need to unset XMODIFIERS before launching SlickEdit, or use the wrapper script I posted there.

Kohei

davidlee62

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
I have useed the method in my PC, it is OK. but on my notebook, I find such a strange condition, when  first typing keyboard on a opend edit window, it can accept the typing, once switch to another edit window, any typing will be rejected. someone told me that the error could be introduced by the SCIM, but no any idea to resolve the problem.Please advise if there is another way to escape the fault?

davidlee62

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 09:07:15 am »
Due to reinstall the OS, so far the fault not happened. The procedure is as that: after installed the OS, not change the font character set to Chinese, then install SE, when finished SE installing, change the LANG to Chinese character set, it seems that everything is OK. 8) 

davidlee62

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 09:08:54 am »
Another problem: why SE's menu font is so small in openSUSE 10.2 ?

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 05:27:25 pm »
Another problem: why SE's menu font is so small in openSUSE 10.2 ?

Sorry about the late reply.  The default font size of the menu and dialog is due to a number of factors, the most significant one being the screen resolution.  It also picks the font size such that all of our dialogs would fit within current screen resolution.  What's your screen resolution by the way?

We've made some improvement for determining the default font name and size on Linux in the upcoming major release.  So, you'll probably see some difference there if you decide to upgrade.

Kohei