Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Make SlickEdit generator
« Last post by rjpontefract on Today at 08:32:46 pm »
Thanks Patrick!  Maybe it's time to update the sticky post?
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: Diff and externally modified file
« Last post by Dan on Today at 06:28:05 pm »
I'm going to be looking into this.  The solution is probably not to check if the file is being diffed and not allow it.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: Diff and deleted file
« Last post by Dan on Today at 06:27:11 pm »
I'm going to be looking into this.  The solution is probably not to allow closing the file if it is being diffed.
1 Copy file.txt file2.txt
2 echo THIS >> file2.txt
3 VS.exe file.txt file2.txt
4 In Slick, diff the two files. (1st 5 checkboxes in diff->options are checked).

5 From outside slick, echo MORETEXT >> file2.txt

6 Back in main Slick window, note that the change is loaded into the buffer. NOTE: Slickedit did not prompt about reloading the file at all (I suppose it wouldn't normally since the buffer was not modified).

7 In the diff window, append MODIFIED to the 1st line on File2.txt
8 Close diff, save changes.
9 Now, File2.txt is about double in size -- two copies of the text are in this file.
Looks like the complete original text followed by the changes made externally and changes made in diff.

SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Diff and deleted file
« Last post by jporkkahtc on Today at 05:30:18 pm »
1 Copy file.txt file2.txt
2 echo THIS >> file2.txt
3 VS.exe file.txt file2.txt
4 In Slick, diff the two files.

5 From outside slick, delete File2.txt
6 Go back to slick.

7 Slick prompts to Save Deleted Files
8 Click Close Selected.
9 Slick prompts
---------------------------
SlickEdit Pro
You cannot close this file because it is being diffed.
OK   

Now, everytime I try to activate the diff window I get the prompt to save deleted files, then complaining that I cannot close files being diffed.
After closing Diff, the deleted file is still a buffer in Slickedit, but it doesn't show as modified - typically files that have been deleted from disk show as modified in slickedit.
SlickEdit® / Re: Terminal questions
« Last post by joecar on Today at 04:30:46 pm »
Thanks.
Clark and I were not able to reproduce that problem (however, I will give it a spin on Windows later today).

I did notice that the calendar dialog was not customized for Dark mode, so I'll fix that for Beta2.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: UI elements blackened out
« Last post by Phileosophos on Today at 03:40:03 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried "dark mode" and didn't see any problem. But then when I switched back to normal mode, the problem wasn't there any more, so I don't know if that fixed it or it had already just disappeared. I guess I've got to keep fussing at it to figure out what it is.
SlickEdit® / Re: Make SlickEdit generator
« Last post by patrick on Today at 12:42:30 pm »
Ack, I think we still have a sticky post with older versions listed.  I thought that had been removed. 

The most up to date we've built is 3.20.5, links in this post:  https://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=18251.new;topicseen#new

SlickEdit® / Make SlickEdit generator
« Last post by rjpontefract on Today at 09:24:32 am »
Hi
Is there any chance you can provide a later version of CMake with support for SlickEdit generation? 
The latest you have seems to be 3.8.0 and the project I'm trying to build requires a later version.
Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10