Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Can't have a different tag file directory as the source files?
« Last post by tlhumm on March 26, 2024, 10:13:33 PM »
I got it to work by moving the tag file to the same place as the source files. Made sure I could see and go to a source file, then I moved the tag file to a local directory and it seems to be OK now.
SlickEdit® / Can't have a different tag file directory as the source files?
« Last post by tlhumm on March 26, 2024, 09:54:17 PM »
I upgraded from 26.06 to  26.03.1 and now if I move the tag file to my local drive, it changes the base path to all my source to that location and won't let me change it. This worked before and I need to do this for performance over a VPN. Any workarounds for this.
Features and/or Improvements / Project Properties > Tools > Run in Terminal (N)
« Last post by Dennis on March 26, 2024, 03:34:34 PM »
I would like to be able to configure a project tool that runs in one of the Terminal Tool Windows instead of the build window or an xterm.  This would be useful when dealing with long-running dockerized containers, remote shells, or other tools (like gdbserver) which require multiple terminals for all the entities to interact.
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit is hanging after my first paste from clipboard
« Last post by pbrightly on March 22, 2024, 05:29:42 PM »
Agreed.  Without a huge file, there is no problem.  No need to address this, now that I understand it.  Thanks.

PS. Using a language type makes note-taking spectacularly productive and visually pleasing for comments, step-instructions and code snippets.  50% of that is simply colorizing #-comments and numbers.
Hot fix added for this in v28. The problem was that SlickEdit was using an older built-in Windows Directory browser dialog (SHBrowserForFolder) which has a bug in it where it displays the dialog off screen when restoring the dialog.
« Last post by Clark on March 22, 2024, 03:07:43 PM »
Ok. Sometimes the language type can have an effect on performance. For example, languages with a ####_proc_search() function have noticeably slower performance.
« Last post by pbrightly on March 22, 2024, 02:53:10 PM »
No, if not an SE type, it's something I probably put together over the last 3 decades. :) I've used Slick for so long, it's hard to remember when I've done what. This is the config:
SlickEdit® / Re: Project paths added as wildcards are not updating automatically
« Last post by Graeme on March 22, 2024, 10:14:14 AM »
try the command workspace_refresh  - it's the "refresh" option in the project menu.
« Last post by Clark on March 21, 2024, 10:06:27 PM »
By "config-file type" do you mean Bourne Shell?
SlickEdit® / Re: Find / Replace window is non-responsive on WSL2
« Last post by pbrightly on March 21, 2024, 08:03:31 PM »
Ah. Yeah, the performance thing was a problem for me.  And quirky. I'm still on WSL1 so I'm sharing a real file system between Windows UI & Ubuntu environment.  I want to go to WSL2, but that's held me back.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10