Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Then you need a gdb.exe that is compatible with the version on beaglebone. Sounds like your colleagues on CodeBlocks and eclipse must already have one - so get their gdb.exe file and put it on your windows machine.

Then setup slickedit to use this gdb version by going to Tools->Options->Debugging->Configurations and setup your specific gdb.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I used to remote debug a process running on Ubuntu from my Windows machine running SlickEdit. This always just worked: Fire up SlickEdit and point it at the right IP addr:port. Now, my embedded executable is running on a BeagleBone, and I get this "hex digit 59" error. When I google that, I get that the gdb client wasn't built correctly, and the client is getting a semicolon where it doesn't expect it. I have colleagues using CodeBlocks and Eclipse. I wanted to stick with SlickEdit, but if SlickEdit can't do it, I won't be able to stick with SlickEdit.
I think this is not a slickedit issue. You need to make sure that the gdb version (gdb --version) in your PATH on your ubuntu machine matches the version of gdbserver (gdbserver --version) on BeagleBone. If they are mismatched, they can't talk to each other.
SlickEdit® / Re: core dump in 22.0.2 linux x64 March 12 2018
« Last post by rowbearto on March 21, 2018, 07:58:42 pm »
Patrick, SlickTeam: Just curious if you had the time to try and reproduce this yet, and if so if you reproduced it?
I'm using v18, and I cannot attach to a process running on a BeagleBone (Debian OS). I used to use the SlickEdit debugger with Ubuntu without problems. If the latest version of SlickEdit will work with the BeagleBone, I'd upgrade. The error I get is that GDB returned an error: Reply contains invalid hex digit 59.
SlickEdit® / Re: No trial licenses anymore?
« Last post by Mike on March 21, 2018, 05:07:55 pm »
Thank you so much for reporting this problem. It appears that the URL you get if you copy the URL is malformed, but it seems to work fine if you use the "Launch default web browser" radio button in the SlickEdit License Manager dialog.

This issue will be resolved in a future build!

If you still see a problem, please PM me your email address, and I will send you a trial license.
SlickEdit® / Re: Slickedit gray-scales my bitmaps
« Last post by Graeme on March 21, 2018, 10:14:58 am »
Could you send your bitmaps and macros into support.  I will try it out and find out what is going on.  Are your icons .svg, .ico, .png, or .bmp ?

What color scheme are you using?  (Tools > Options > Appearance > Tool Window and Toolbar Options > Tool Buttons and Icons > Style.  The only style that applies a monochrome filter is, in fact, "Monochrome".

It will be the weekend before I can get my macros and bitmaps together for you.  In the meantime, you can reproduce the effect that I think is messing up my bitmaps as follows.  The attached bitmap shows before gray scaling (darkening) on the left and after on the right.  You can see the one on the right has been darkened.  I ran slick V22.0.2 on a new empty config folder.  Cancel out of quick start.  Go into options and change style "default low colour" to "colour". Exit options.  Now go and add a new icon to the toolbar at the top - then change the icon to _bh_workspace.ico from slick V20.0.3 bitmaps folder.  When the new bitmap appears on the toolbar it is darker than the original _bh_workspace.ico as shown in "Paint".  I'm guessing (don't know for sure) that this is what is messing up my own icons which are currently png  - it makes no difference if I use bitmaps though.  The effect on the two toolbars I have is a mass of little gray squares that shouldn't be there  - as shown in this post,15559.msg59255.html#msg59255

Also you'll notice that I said the problem was gone in RC2,15559.msg59806.html#msg59806
but I think it was back in the final V22 release and I managed to overcome it by un-loading my loaded bitmaps (don't remember how I did that - probably by wiping my config) then fiddling with the color style setting somehow and reloading my bitmaps.
SlickEdit® / Re: Slickedit gray-scales my bitmaps
« Last post by rgloden on March 21, 2018, 04:37:18 am »
Not to pile on ... but I am also disappointed in the new icons ...

Definitely does not "Wow" new users that I demo SlickEdit too ...
SlickEdit® / Re: Old SlickEdit before Visual Slick Edit
« Last post by tenox on March 20, 2018, 11:09:53 pm »
If you have the source code why won't you release it as OpenSource? It's not like this would impede the existing product, which is a completely different code base if I understand correctly. Or alternatively if not open-source then at least release it as as freeware or even a non-supported product? Myself and other developers would surely volunteer to make a release/build from the old source code.
SlickEdit® / Re: Old SlickEdit before Visual Slick Edit
« Last post by Dan on March 20, 2018, 08:12:33 pm »
There is a name for software that exists but the source code no longer exists (this is true of some of the old video games), but I can't remember what it is.  The concept intrigued me.  Some of these games they made "classic" versions of, and had to start over because the original source was lost.

In this case I think we have the source code but no redistributable software.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10