Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Slick-C® Macro Programming / saving data structures in the state file
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 09:32:25 am »
Despite writing slick macros for several years I'm not sure I fully grasped the fact that slick saves all of your "variable data" in the state file.  I have a hash array as below indexed by buffer name and for each buffer there is a linked list.  It's a history of where the current line has been.  This could amount to a fair amount of memory over time, not sure how much.  It turns out that it's useful to have slick keep this information, possibly saves me reading and writing to disk - though there's no check for corruption. 

Is it a bad idea to leave this information in the state file?  Should I try to delete it on shutdown?

static dlist    buffer_retrace_cursor_list:[];
SlickEdit 2017 v22 Beta Discussion / Re: Encoding options
« Last post by Clark on Today at 09:08:48 am »
Logged issues #1 and #2. Help fixed.
Features and/or Improvements / Cool Features finder...
« Last post by jporkkahtc on September 19, 2017, 09:58:48 pm »
Ideally in the menu bar, but could be in a toolbar...
A feature-search box.

Enter text in this box and Slick would find matching features.
  For example, type "definition" and Slick would display
    Command: push-tag
    Keyboard: Ctrl+., F12
    Menu: Search -> Go to definition
    A "execute command" button to invoke it.

The data behind the search box is a mix of manually entered text and generated.
The manually entered text would be similar to the contents of the "Cool Features" dialog box Topics button.
The data for the feature finder would need to be much broader that the limited set of CoolFeatures, but it would not include everything.

This would generate a macro name.
From the macro name Slick would auto-generate the list of keyboard short cuts and menu references. This data isn't complete though so some manual augmentation would be necessary here.

It should also be possible for users to easily add to this --- similar to a spell checker when the user can add custom words to a dictionary.

SlickEdit 2017 v22 Beta Discussion / Re: gz File Reading
« Last post by Clark on September 19, 2017, 09:10:10 pm »
I added an option for automatically decompressing .gz files for the next build. It will work for FTP. It's on by default. However, it will be off for you if you have an existing configuration. Go to Tools>Options>File Options>Open and turn on "Decompress .gz files on open".

This should be really convenient for you.
SlickEdit 2017 v22 Beta Discussion / Re: Current line highlight
« Last post by Clark on September 19, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »
Fixed for next build
SlickEdit® / Re: The project configuration drop down menu is too small.
« Last post by paulae on September 19, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »
The issue isn't that I can't read the text - I can read it fine. The issue is that at a readable size, the text is clipped. Take a look at the picture I attached to my prior post. The project selection combo box is larger. It turns out our project names are short. The combo box for build configurations is smaller, and our build configurations are much longer than "debug" or "release".
SlickEdit 2017 v22 Beta Discussion / Re: gz File Reading
« Last post by acg on September 19, 2017, 06:58:17 pm »
I'm opening the file via the FTP window (to our WAS hosts to pull the logfiles that get gzipped after a few days).  I don't use the normal file open dialog at all.

That said, this is still an improvement of my current process:
  • pull file via FTP
  • Alt-Z (brief keymap) to open a command shell (to the current buffer directory)
  • start . (to open file explorer)
  • right-click the GZ and unzip it
  • right-click the logfile and SendTo SE
  • discard the gz buffer to release the local copy of the file

This new feature will eliminate a couple of those steps, at the cost of making me type out the logfile name twice (logfile.log.gz/logfile.log).

Tighter integration to the buffer load (auto-explode) would be nifty.  Of course, my use-case of one file per gz is a lot simpler than n-files per gz.
SlickEdit® / Re: How to color a log file.
« Last post by jporkkahtc on September 19, 2017, 06:53:17 pm »
Updated SymHighlightMain.e
Replace your existing SymHightlightMain with this file.
The from the slick command line, run
    symtagunload
    symtagload

At the top of the file there are some #define options.
As is it is set to highlight lines only - draws a box around the entire line.

SlickEdit® / Re: The project configuration drop down menu is too small.
« Last post by mjdl on September 19, 2017, 06:48:12 pm »
I can't check your specific dialog right now, but I've changed font sizes in Options-->Appearance-->Fonts-->Element "Dialog" "HTML proportional" HTML fixed" in order to enlarge various elements in the SlickEdit UI and dialogs. I find changing those three elements to 11 point size in HD screen resolution and higher to be better for older eyes.

Also changing the font (on MS Windows SlickEdit) to Consolas for fixed fonts and Tahoma for proportional fonts is a gain in legibility IMHO.
SlickEdit 2017 v22 Beta Discussion / Re: Current line highlight
« Last post by Clark on September 19, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
Reproduced. Thanks for posting. Looking into this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10