Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: mouse wheel scroll problem
« Last post by Clark on March 27, 2024, 02:47:28 PM »
I wasn't able to reproduce this and couldn't think of an option that would effect this in this way.  Maybe something on a timer is messing this up. When you are able to reproduce this, start removing timers.
« Last post by Graeme on March 27, 2024, 02:42:10 AM »
Good question.  No I can't.  Now the problem has stopped happening in my normal config.

It seems kind of related to the macro I wrote here
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,16659.0.html
however there isn't any code there that knows when the cursor is about to disappear off the screen.  I believe I was using the normal fast-scroll for wheel-up/down when I had the problem, I switched to my alternate version of fast-scroll then back to fast-scroll  - and at some point the problem went away.  At some point I'll investigate this some more.
« Last post by Clark on March 27, 2024, 01:38:47 AM »
Can you reproduce this with a default config?

vs -sc c:\temp\new-config-dir
SlickEdit® / mouse wheel scroll problem
« Last post by Graeme on March 27, 2024, 12:37:05 AM »
In V28.0.1 on Win 11 when I scroll with the mouse wheel it stops scrolling when the line the cursor is on gets to the top or bottom of the window.  What might cause this?  Is there any way to turn it off?
SlickEdit® / Re: Can't have a different tag file directory as the source files?
« Last post by tlhumm on March 26, 2024, 10:13:33 PM »
I got it to work by moving the tag file to the same place as the source files. Made sure I could see and go to a source file, then I moved the tag file to a local directory and it seems to be OK now.
SlickEdit® / Can't have a different tag file directory as the source files?
« Last post by tlhumm on March 26, 2024, 09:54:17 PM »
I upgraded from 26.06 to  26.03.1 and now if I move the tag file to my local drive, it changes the base path to all my source to that location and won't let me change it. This worked before and I need to do this for performance over a VPN. Any workarounds for this.
Features and/or Improvements / Project Properties > Tools > Run in Terminal (N)
« Last post by Dennis on March 26, 2024, 03:34:34 PM »
I would like to be able to configure a project tool that runs in one of the Terminal Tool Windows instead of the build window or an xterm.  This would be useful when dealing with long-running dockerized containers, remote shells, or other tools (like gdbserver) which require multiple terminals for all the entities to interact.
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit is hanging after my first paste from clipboard
« Last post by pbrightly on March 22, 2024, 05:29:42 PM »
Agreed.  Without a huge file, there is no problem.  No need to address this, now that I understand it.  Thanks.

PS. Using a language type makes note-taking spectacularly productive and visually pleasing for comments, step-instructions and code snippets.  50% of that is simply colorizing #-comments and numbers.
Hot fix added for this in v28. The problem was that SlickEdit was using an older built-in Windows Directory browser dialog (SHBrowserForFolder) which has a bug in it where it displays the dialog off screen when restoring the dialog.
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit is hanging after my first paste from clipboard
« Last post by Clark on March 22, 2024, 03:07:43 PM »
Ok. Sometimes the language type can have an effect on performance. For example, languages with a ####_proc_search() function have noticeably slower performance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10