Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Using Google java format/code style?
« Last post by patrick on Today at 02:03:48 pm »
There isn't a predefined Google Java style that ships with SlickEdit.  I made a quick pass through section 4 of the style guide, and put together a (attached) style you can import via Tools -> Options -> Import/Export.   Once you import it, you should be able to select it as the language style in Tools -> Options -> Languages -> Application Languages -> Java -> Formatting.

The differences from the style guide:
  • There isn't a rule for spaces around the "&" in a type bounds.  We'd need to add that to the formatter.
  • We don't do the line wrapping.
  • With the exception of some rules for return/throw, we don't rewrite code.  So we don't force unbraced "if" statements to braced, or add grouping parenthesis, etc...

SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: attaching two tool windows
« Last post by wbullaughey on Today at 11:02:55 am »
The OS X About this MAC reports the display sizes as: 1366x768,3840x2160,2880x1800
The last one is the MAC its self.
A browser based tool (www.infobyip.com/detectscreenresolution.php) says: 1366x786,3840x2160,3360x2100

The OS X and browser tool report in the same order. The SlickEdit looks like it shows in reverse order but also wrong for all but the lowest resolution display.

Dragging on the primary display works, dragging on either non-primary display does not work. In either case on the non-primary display the cross shaped symbol with the box in the middle that lets you put multiple tool windows in the same window shows up on the primary display. If you move the mouse to get to it, it disappears.

SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.2)

Serial number: FE28611_BETA
License type: Beta License
License expiration: 2018-10-09 20:00:00
License file: /Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/23/slickedit.lic

Build Date: July 23, 2018
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 10.13.6
Processor Architecture: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6920HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz 64 bit (8 cores)

Memory: 84% Load, 13890MB/16384MB Virtual
Shell Information: /Applications/SlickEditPro2018.app/Contents/MacOS/secsh -i
Screen Size: 1920 x 1080, 1680 x 1050, 1366 x 768

Project Type: Gnuc
Language: .adb (Ada)
Encoding: Automatic

Installation Directory: /Applications/SlickEditPro2018.app/Contents/
Configuration Directory: /Users/wayne/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/23.0.0/

SlickEdit® / Using Google java format/code style?
« Last post by edgue on Today at 09:50:21 am »
Google has various style guides for languages such as Java, C++ ( see https://github.com/google/styleguide) for details.

There are instructions how to use the style guides with IDEs like IntelliJ or eclipse.

I am simply wondering if there are pre-defined "formatter templates" for SlickEdit with google java format?
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: minimap scrolling granularity
« Last post by Clark on August 16, 2018, 11:54:14 pm »
its because the minimap must use unique pixel positions divisible by the font pixel height. Would be nice if it could use all pixel positions.

Also, the minimap slider is WAAAAAAAY bigger which reduces the number of pixel positions available.
Added support for "List filenames only"

Now if you edit a file of an unknown type (no extension or unknown extension) that has binary data, the Binary language mode is used.
I uploaded buildmsg.tar.gz to support.

Open the buildmsg.vpw workspace and do a build.

Notice that the "Message List" tab is not populated with the warnings/infos.

Need to do this in linux
SlickEdit® / Re: Java projects and Jars
« Last post by patrick on August 16, 2018, 08:33:54 pm »
I get the same.  When I use the wildcard option, none of the jars in the repository show up in the generated classpath.  Only the ones I add individually.  I'll look into it.
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: Minimap zoom-out limit
« Last post by Clark on August 16, 2018, 08:17:24 pm »
You can specify a specific font name instead of using the same font as the edit window in a smaller size.

The minimap is using the wfont_zoom_in and wfont_zoom_out commands. It increments/decrements the point size by one. What happens depends on your fonts. 

Originally we planned on using line drawing but decided we liked this better. We still may add support for custome font drawing.
SlickEdit® / Java projects and Jars
« Last post by jporkkahtc on August 16, 2018, 08:15:27 pm »
I've got a big java project that imports lots of jars.
The jars are managed by maven.

Even though I setup JavaOptions -> Classpath to include:
C:\Users\jporkka\.m2\repository\*.jar

Slick clearly doesn't import all of those jars as it is unable to find lots of the symbols.

If I add specific jars in this dialog, that seems to work.

Should this work?
How can I tell what JAR files Slick is using?
See attached file, gotodef.cc.

With a clean config, under Tools->Options->Languages->Application Languages->C/C++->Context Tagging, both "Prioritize navigation" and "When there are multiple choices" are set to "Prompt with all choices".

However, when I put cursor on "funcname" on either line 1 or line 3 and press Ctrl+. (go to definition), I am not prompted with choices, it goes back and forth between the definition and the declaration each time I press Ctrl+.

In my own config, I have "Prioritize navigation" set to "Symbol definition(proc)" and When there are multiple choices set to "Prompt with all choices", but I am still not prompted for all choices?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10