Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Installing hotfix resets auto update option
« Last post by Nosh on Today at 03:38:08 pm »
Every time I install a hotfix "Help->Product Updates->Load Hot Fix..." the "Automatically check for updates" option is reset to "Once per day".
Is this intentionally or a bug?

Regards, Norbert
Features and/or Improvements / Re: Scroll bar overview, aka minimap
« Last post by jporkkahtc on Today at 03:33:19 pm »
It isn't really compatible with some Slick features - like editing really large files.
VSCode for instance supports it, but VSCode is also limited to small files (I don't know the limit).

Slick tries to seamlessly edit both small and extremely large files - both a good and bad thing.
Being able to edit just about any file is great, but this also makes it a lot harder for Slick to implement new features - and some features just won't work with really large files.
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 07:32:07 am »
I see KDevelop and komodo also have it.  I actually wrote a kind of minimap for slickedit but I haven't posted it as I'm not sure it's useful.  I might post it if it doesn't come along in V23.  It's not able to show any shrunken text like other minimaps though but it does show where code has been modified and it has local bookmarks.  The minimap in ultraedit here is only showing a small part of the file
https://www.ultraedit.com/products/ultraedit/ultraedit-feature-map/

SlickEdit® / Re: Some Formatting Options not working
« Last post by Clark on Today at 03:36:08 am »
The "Indent with tabs" checkbox is always filled with a solid color. When I click on it so the checkbox is white (not filled), close the Options window, and reopen it, the checkbox is filled again.

Certain languages (Makefile I think) must have indent with tabs on. That’s why the check box is filled in. I can’t comment on your other issues. Not enough info.
SlickEdit® / Re: Some Formatting Options not working
« Last post by Graeme on June 23, 2018, 05:26:40 am »
I can't really reproduce this.
But if there is already text on the line, it will only indent by 1
Can you give an example of some text and say where the cursor is when you press tab.

For the Begin/End style section, I have it set to "next line".
Whereabouts in the options dialog is this setting?

SlickEdit® / Re: build prompt moves focus from editor window
« Last post by Clark on June 23, 2018, 02:15:14 am »
Glad they work for you!
« Last post by IkerAriz on June 22, 2018, 10:09:17 pm »
Tested both fixes and they work. Ie, focus returns to editor tab after build prompt closes and canceling the build prompt cancels the build.

Thanks!

Iker
« Last post by mwb1100 on June 22, 2018, 09:59:10 pm »
How many editors do you know that support it?
Can you describe how you use it and why you like it?

I'm not jwiede, but here are my answer to those questions:

Visual Stdio 2015 (and later), Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, and UltraEdit.  I'm sure there are others - it seems to be a feature that has taken hold in the text editor market.  People seem to like it.

Personally, it's mostly just eye candy for me, but occasionally the image of the text in a file can actually give a visual cue to where something is.  So I personally don't find it a need-to-have, but I could see where some people might.
« Last post by SlickEdit Support on June 22, 2018, 07:09:07 pm »
PM sent.
« Last post by IkerAriz on June 22, 2018, 03:29:31 pm »
Thanks Clark.

In the same area... if I hit escape/cancel at the prompt the build continues as if "%(prompt)" had expanded to empty. Can this behavior be changed so that the build itself is canceled?

Iker
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10