Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: "configuration" toolbar ?
« Last post by Lee on Today at 04:14:36 pm »
Yes, there is a configuration drop-down that can be added to a toolbar.  Under Options > Appearance > Toolbar Customization >Project, there are two drop-down controls.  The first is for current project, and the other is for current configuration.  I am not getting a hover-over tooltip, which may be making it difficult to find.  I will have to investigate that issue.
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / "configuration" toolbar ?
« Last post by jmfrouin on Today at 04:06:03 pm »
Is there a way to have a "configuration" toolbar, in order to switch from "Debug" to "Release" at least ?
I cannot find it.
thanks
Yes.  That's fixed for RC2.  It's finding the directory and compiler library correctly, but isn't extracting the version number from javac correctly.
General Programming / Re: Ending Macros When String Not Found
« Last post by Dan on Today at 03:32:38 pm »
Try this. 

I changed it to use search, which is a lower level function.  There are also lower level selection functions, but if you don't care if you lose your current selection it doesn't matter.  The key here is checking the return code from search.  It will return 0 if successful and some negative return code if it doesn't.  In this case we don't care what it is - although if you were debugging a more complicated case you might (because it could return something for an invalid regular expression (if you were using regular expressions), and then it would never work.

Code: [Select]
_command void RemoveHeaders() name_info(','VSARG2_MACRO|VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_REQUIRES_MDI_EDITORCTL)
{
   if (status) return;

_deselect();
   cursor_up();
   begin_line_text_toggle();
   deselect();
   _select_char('','E');
   cursor_down(5);
   select_it('CHAR','','E');
   delete_selection();
}
« Last post by DRauch on Today at 03:23:38 pm »
Here is what I currently have in the macro. When the macro finds 'PAGE  ', I want it to execute (this will remove the line in my file that has 'PAGE  '). When the macro does not find 'PAGE  ', I do not want it to execute the functions below and instead display "String not found" or something to indicate that 'PAGE  ' no longer exists in my file.

_command RemoveHeaders() name_info(','VSARG2_MACRO|VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_REQUIRES_MDI_EDITORCTL)
{
   _macro('R',1);
   find('PAGE  ','I>');
   _deselect();
   cursor_up();
   begin_line_text_toggle();
   deselect();
   _select_char('','E');
   cursor_down(5);
   select_it('CHAR','','E');
   delete_selection();
}
« Last post by Dan on Today at 03:18:24 pm »
I'm not sure I understand.  Is this in a loop and you want to find it once and break/
General Programming / Ending Macros When String Not Found
« Last post by DRauch on Today at 03:16:13 pm »
Hello,

I am writing a macro to search a file for a string using the "find" function.:

find('string', 'I>')

After finding the string in the file, the macro does X. If the string being searched for is not found, how do I get the macro to stop running/display "string not found"/do nothing?

Thanks
DPR
"Incorrect version" indicates that the maketags.e batch macro was the wrong version.  This could happen under one of the following (odd) circumstances.  Note that the installers make sure that all the batch macros are updated and compiled.

1) Your current directory was a directory containing a maketags.e and maketags.ex that were both read-only.

2) You modified maketags.e in your installation directory, but maketags.ex is read-only.

3) You have a path in your VSLICKMACROS environment where SlickEdit is picking up an old version of maketags.e.

4) A whole other scenario entirely that boils down to SlickEdit trying to load an out-of-date version of maketags.ex.
SlickEdit® / Re: CppUTest support
« Last post by Dennis on Today at 02:07:45 pm »
Macro > Slick-C Profiling > Start Profiling...

One thing to keep in mind, sometimes when you add C/C++ preprocessing macros, it is better to add them as no-ops rather than whatever insanity they expand to.  This is especially true for large macros that just expand to statements.
SlickEdit® / copy_selective_display + line numbers
« Last post by eee on Today at 01:11:07 pm »
SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.0.9 64-bit)
Linux platform.

I use copy_selective_display to copy selected lines from logs.
But it is difficult to share this info with others without the line numbers from the log file.

Is there a way to add the original line numbers to copy_selective_display?

e
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10