Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: References does not show function definition...
« Last post by Dennis on August 20, 2018, 04:55:30 pm »
I can not reproduce this with just those two files.  Perhaps you have a C/C++ tag file with another definition of this same symbol?

When you initiate the references search, are you prompted to select from multiple symbol definitions/declarations? (Select a Symbol dialog)

If so, you need to be sure to select the one in your file.  Otherwise, it's going to be looking for another version of the symbol, and the static inline symbol definition will be filtered out, because it can be easily proven to be itself, and not another version of the symbol (unlike the function calls where we tend to be a bit more flexible when there are multiple definitions of a symbol).
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: Very weird hang
« Last post by Clark on August 20, 2018, 03:30:55 pm »
The main thread is running (not suspended or in an obvious hang loop). The code is in a tagging function that is very commonly called (like when you mouse over a symbol but this was a keypress --looks like Enter key). Did you press Enter when you got this hang? I'm not obviously seeing a call from the python enter key processing into tagging (although I could be missing it).

I was hoping to determine what Slick-C code was running but the couple globals I needed were just null (not sure it would really help though). I don't know why some Visual Studio dumps don't show all values but it's really annoying. As a test, I set a breakpoint in the same function in a release build and I could see these globals just fine.
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Extent of Java 10 support in SE 23 beta
« Last post by mjdl on August 20, 2018, 02:18:04 pm »
I haven't tried the beta yet. Does it support tagging, code completion and formatting of the new features in Java 10? I am thinking of such new features as the new modules system (which certainly needs support in tagging) as well as syntactic/semantic changes brought about by e.g. Local Variable Type Inference (code completion inference and formatting).

SlickEdit® / Re: Java projects and Jars
« Last post by patrick on August 20, 2018, 01:54:14 pm »
Fixed for the next beta so the wildcard class path entries show up.
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: attaching two tool windows
« Last post by Clark on August 20, 2018, 01:15:47 pm »
Have you tried making the low resolution monitor the primary monitor (just as a test) and dragging tool windows to the secondary monitor (one of your high dpi monitors)?  I'm wondering if macOS is doing something different with your hi dpi monitors. There's also a possibility you're using some macOS setting I'm not aware of but I still think it could have something to do with having a high dpi monitor as your primary monitor.

The fact that SlickEdit doesn't get the resolution right for some of your monitors is highly suspicious. I think this is the reason why you can only dock on the primary monitor. The test above should prove me right or wrong.
SlickEdit® / Re: Using Google java format/code style?
« Last post by edgue on August 20, 2018, 10:49:51 am »
Thank you very much for the quick comeback. I appreciate your efforts!

Honestly, I find it a bit discouraging that there wasn't specific support before, but I is very nice to say how quickly you folks react.

In case our team decides to pick up the google formatter, I might provide some feedback if SlickEdit formatting will be in sync "enough" with what eclipse/intelliJ will be doing.
« Last post by wbullaughey on August 20, 2018, 02:00:15 am »
My smallest monitor resolution is 1366x768. I'm not trying to dock a tool window onto a normal editor window. I'm trying to combine several tool windows together with a tab for each. This only seems to work when they are on the primary monitor.  The cross shaped icon (cross shaped with 5 yellow boxes with the one in the middle being the one I want to pick) that needs to be selected always shows up on the primary monitor so if I'm trying to put the tool windows together on a secondary window I can't move the mouse to the icon. When I move the mouse off the secondary monitor the icon disappears.
SlickEdit® / Re: Python debugging
« Last post by Clark on August 19, 2018, 11:40:39 pm »
We've wanted to make the project properties dialog a tree (like Tools>Options) and combine the project options and the project properties. That would also give us more flexibility to move things around to make it easier to set common settings (and find settings --there are tons).

The Run/Debug settings should be cleaned up and simplified. Maybe put the Run settings on a separate tab even though some are used for Debug. The Python program arguments have a munge of arguments right now. Another simplification would be to separate the program arguments from other arguments (the Project Options Run tab already does this).

You can already copy a config but you can't insert say a C++ config in a Python project. I think that's doable. It's not that valuable though because you can simply add another project to your workspace and quickly switch to it. Although, it does require another project file.
« Last post by Clark on August 18, 2018, 10:54:11 pm »
do you really have a low res 1366x768 monitor? If you do, try making that the primary monitor and see if you can dock a tool window on the secondary display (not third). I’m really curious if that works.
« Last post by wbullaughey on August 18, 2018, 10:42:16 pm »
Sounds like you understand.
I figured out a work around. Do all of the docking on the primary display and then drag the combined docked window to the secondary display.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10