Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: attaching two tool windows
« Last post by Clark on August 15, 2018, 03:44:19 pm »
SlickEdit thinks you have three monitors (1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1024x768). Do you have three monitors in these resolutions? These resolutions look pretty low.
Thanks Clark!
Beta 2 will support this Exclude binary files feature in a better way but it won't change this issue.

Automatically detecting Unix binary files would be very useful. We'll see if we can make this smarter.
« Last post by wbullaughey on August 15, 2018, 02:39:52 pm »
Docking the Build to the Search Results does not work either. This is with the windows to be docked on the secondary monitory. When I switch so the main SlickEdit window is on the secondary and the windows to be docked are on the primary window it works.
« Last post by Clark on August 15, 2018, 02:29:17 pm »
I'm not sure I'm following exactly what you're seeing other than the docking helpers are being displayed in the wrong place.

It is possible for you to dock the Build tool window with the Search Results tool window?

I set up a dual monitor scenario on macOS but haven't recreated this problem.

Clark
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: Minimap: click jumps to center
« Last post by Clark on August 15, 2018, 02:15:32 pm »
You can make the vertical scrollbar invisible and only show the minimap. You're right, there is some redundancy. Although, the vertical scrollbar also shows markers of things like bookmarks and errors.

I'll try to explain better. Each pixel position of the minimap slider has special meaning based on the top of page line in the edit window. It would need another configuration option to disable using the minimap as a scrollbar. This is a fairly common confusion.
The right arrow next to "Search For" is disabled unless you have regex turned on.

The double-click/single-click issues have been fixed for the next beta.

Thanks for posting
« Last post by dunkers on August 15, 2018, 01:59:41 pm »
There is already a scrollbar for the entire file - it's the scrollbar :)

Hmmm. I don't really see why it can't stay as a draggable scrollbar and just not scroll on a click. The highlight (and thus file position) moves to the click location, so you're achieving the file scroll anyway. It is just the minimap moving at that time that's the issue.

Perhaps it needs another config option :)
« Last post by Clark on August 15, 2018, 01:36:03 pm »
Glad you like it.

The reason the minimap moves in a seemly odd way is because the minimap is also a scrollbar for the entire file. Interestingly, some of our dev team noticed this as well. If there was a mode to not support using the minimap as a scroll bar, then we could make it scroll totally differently. Hope that make sense. The minimap is a scroll bar for your entire file.

An auto-hide option for the minimap would be pretty cool. I guess we would just have to pick a small hotspot area on the right.

SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Minimap: click jumps to center
« Last post by dunkers on August 15, 2018, 04:43:08 am »
First, I lurve the new minimap. Keep looking at Sublime because of theirs, but just can't be bothered with a text-file config.

So, anyway, first issue is that when one clicks in the minimap, the minimap highlight is moved towards the click position, but the minimap is them moved so the clicked position is in the highlighted part. The result is the mouse is no longer under the clicked position, neither is the highlighted section, and one loses track of what the minimap is showing.

I think the proper action would be to keep the minimap static and move the highlight to where one has clicked (so the click can easily be turned into a drag).

Next, one problem with the minimap is that it takes up space. I would like to see it expand (horizontally) when one moves the cursor over it and then collapse when the cursor leaves, possibly after a short delay, much like an unpinned tool window (but without having to click to expand). Perhaps a thin line down the right in the collapsed state would be sufficient to aim at.

I appreciate that one can set the width, but there is a minimum width where it still remains useful, and when not being used it takes up valuable space.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]