Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SlickEdit® / Bad formatting of C++ aggregate function parameter?
« Last post by rgloden on June 01, 2018, 11:22:22 pm »
In C++, when using an aggregate as a function parameter, SE is indenting the aggregate at the same level as the call and not as a parameter.  Happening in both V21 and V22, Windows and Linux.  I didn't find any Beautify options to change this behavior.

Code: [Select]
void expected()
{
   enable( 5000,
           { STOP_NOW, 0, "myString" },
           200 );
}

void actual()
{
   enable( 5000,
   { STOP_NOW, 0, "myString" },
           200 );
}
SlickEdit® / Re: Slickedit v22 - Dark Mode compatible with Win10 Build 17666?
« Last post by Clark on June 01, 2018, 09:55:18 pm »
We'll check this.
SlickEdit® / Re: Common sourcing script for cross compiler
« Last post by Clark on June 01, 2018, 09:28:49 pm »
Too many unknowns here. What platform are you on?

When you created your workspace/project, which project type did you choose?
SlickEdit® / Common sourcing script for cross compiler
« Last post by jmbraben on June 01, 2018, 07:39:05 pm »
In the yocto generated toolchains, there is always an environment configuration script that must be run to ensure that the compiler will actually run and refer to proper includes.
I don't see any way I can run this script based on the selected COMPILER within the project. Doing this within the project makes no sense as this is a compiler environment. If I were to set it within "pre-build commands, it would have to be done for every project and would have to change any time I switch compiler versions.
How do I source an environment coupled to the toolchain? Am I missing this?
SlickEdit® / Slickedit v22 - Dark Mode compatible with Win10 Build 17666?
« Last post by gfinlay on June 01, 2018, 06:48:57 pm »
This is more of a compatibility question rather than an issue.

Supposedly, Windows 10 Redstone 5 Preview Build 17666 will bring Dark Mode support for File Explorer as well as the Common Dialogs (Std Open/Save). Will this new build be compatible with SlickEdit v22.0.2  support for Dark Mode? 

I don't want to upgrade to Windows 10 Build 17666 until such time that I am satisfied that it won't break the SlickEdit dark mode support.
The other thing to consider for testing is UI compatibility with the so-called Acrylic window title bars and the updates to support the Windows Fluent design concept.
SlickEdit® / Re: Perl regex problem
« Last post by Clark on June 01, 2018, 04:50:46 pm »
This will be fixed in v23.
SlickEdit® / Re: Perl regex problem
« Last post by rgloden on June 01, 2018, 04:19:10 pm »
pat1 should also have matched case3.

As a learning experience, I tried this in the RegEx Eval tool.

Other patterns which seem to fail to return the expected:
([0-9]{1,5})(18)
([0-9]{2,5})(18)
([0-9]{1,4})(18)
Right click on the Document Tabs to get the context menu and look at the "File Tabs Sort Order" submenu.  If you use "Most Recently Viewed" anything new you create will be placed in the first tab, to the left of the current tab.  If the most recently viewed option isn't for you, you might want to choose Manual and move the tab where you want it after opening a new file.
Hello,
I could not find a way to have SE (standard 2017) create new tabs (when opening a file for editing) next to the current one.
Is there a setting that could force this ?
Thanks for your time.
Jerome
SlickEdit® / Re: Configuring mingw project in v22.0.2.1
« Last post by Dennis on May 30, 2018, 02:12:04 pm »
I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong syntax for the environment variable in the Project Open options page.  Try this instead:

Project > Project Properties > Open tab

Code: [Select]
set PATH=C:\MingW\msys\1.0\bin\;%{PATH}
You will need to close and re-open SlickEdit after making that change (since your path in SlickEdit is already messed up).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]