Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: Multiple Instances... (feature request).
« Last post by Clark on August 09, 2022, 12:32:24 am »
If you OR in 0x4 into VSOPTION_APPLICATION_CAPTION_FLAGS, the instance id will be appended ("(1)"). Mine is set to 0x4.

Code: [Select]
<misc.options n="misc.options" version="1">
<application_caption_flags v="0x4"/>
</misc.options>

I'm not totally happy with the configuration of the title bar. It should support some sort of parse in parts text. It's a bit complicated due to backward compatibility and special cases. It may require multiple settings to handle certain situations (None open, project open, file open, project and file open). Even with this design it's complicated. In addition, adding yet another configurable special case will be a nightmare.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Multiple Instances... (feature request).
« Last post by jporkkahtc on August 08, 2022, 10:22:59 pm »
Would it be possible to make the title bar different in each instance?

Specifically, I was thinking that beta releases should have Beta in the title bar.
OTOH, if there was a per-instance setting it might be even better.

Speaking of the title bar - seems like there was a setting someplace to control what shows up in the main app title bar, as well as a tab setting (which can be set to 1 of 4 things).

It would be great to make the main app title bar be configured with a string.
Create a global alias "vslicktitlebar".
The default would be
Code: [Select]
%\M_maybe_prefix_quote_func _workspace_path% - %\f - %\M_maybe_prefix_quote_func xw_p_buf_name%
(I couldn't find an easy way to get the current buffer full file name, or even just its path - odd).

This lets us users set the title bar to whatever we like, and doesn't even require any new UI to implement!
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: New Project screen.
« Last post by tgidave on August 08, 2022, 03:27:24 pm »
That worked, Thank you...

Dave
SlickEdit® / Re: Life Error Profiles for Java?
« Last post by florihupf on August 08, 2022, 01:06:00 pm »
Hi Patrick,

That would be super awesome! :-)
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: New Project screen.
« Last post by Clark on August 07, 2022, 11:41:06 am »
Try using a smaller font (Tools,Options>Appearance>Fonts>Application>Dialog)
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / New Project screen.
« Last post by tgidave on August 07, 2022, 02:08:28 am »
I'm running Ubuntu 22.04 with a 4K monitor but with scaling of 200%.  When I went to build a new project, the bottom of the page and the "OK Cancel Help" buttons are not visible even in full screen mode.  There is no way to finish creating the project.

Dave
Nope I hadn't but this is exactly what I would have asked for !
I will look into this next week.  I am currently working on another feature for the Annotations tool window.

Did you discover the new "repeat annotation" feature?  (described in the readme / new features).
Annotations is a new thing for me !
Steps to reproduce:
- create 2 annotations of type 'Task'.
- display them in the proper tool window
- select (click) tasks
=> the Description panel is not updated to reflect the change of active annotation task.
I am attaching a screenshot hoping it better explains what I mean.
Minimap tooltips are on the correct screen (they follow SE on its screen): didn't know I have such tooltips (had to enable: right-click: Show -> Tooltip) :-)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10