Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Auto-correct.  Grrr.  I was asking about the MINIMAP tooltips.
I thought that it was because SE was initialy on the right screen and it happened after I moved on the left screen.
But when I tried today, SE already oened on left screen but those "scrollbar" tooltips are still on the right.

What does it mean "minimal tooltips"? How do I achieve that, some special settings?
The other tooltips (tagging, toolbar, etc) they appear ok (on the screen where SE is)...
SlickEdit® / Re: Slickedit Pro v26.0.3.1 Never Finishes tagging
« Last post by dantrigg on August 05, 2022, 02:13:59 pm »
Dennis,

Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion. I deleted all of the *.vtg files on my disk. It did not help. It is still extremely slow tagging files and never finishes before the application shuts down without warning on its own.

I am not sure if that is your area but I have started a case CAS-73811-904W with support. Do you know if there is any sort of log file that SlickEdit generates that might be helpfull?
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit QT5
« Last post by patrick on August 05, 2022, 12:59:45 pm »
Thanks.  It does look like that old problem we had with some window managers on Qt 4.  I have gotten it to occur a couple of times with the i3 window manager, so I can reproduce it, not as often as I'd like.  The original fix for the Qt4 version is still in place and enabled for the Qt5 version, it's just doesn't seem to be effective for it.

If it's like the original problem, it can happen with any of the dialog boxes we create that are "wizards" that have you fill out information in pages.  But in the past it tended to gravitate to one or two of the dialog boxes as timing was a large component component of getting this to happen.  The only workaround I know isn't great: use xdotool to force the window to map once you've gotten stuck.  ie, run this in a terminal:  xdotool search --name "Create GNU*" windowmap

Thanks for the report.  I'm looking in to it.
SlickEdit® / Re: Life Error Profiles for Java?
« Last post by patrick on August 05, 2022, 12:47:08 pm »
Right now, there isn't a setting you can change to get that for Java.  I left that in place mainly because the Java implementation does a lot of setup to try to avoid JVM startup costs.  I didn't want to lose that, but it didn't occur to me to just support both and let the user select which one to use.

I'll take a look and see if I can add that.  May be able to get it for beta 2.

SlickEdit® / Life Error Profiles for Java?
« Last post by florihupf on August 05, 2022, 09:16:53 am »
Hi there,

Love the Life Error Profiles feature.  Esp., since I now can configure the colors for the highlights. :-)

One thing that I miss is that I would love to be able to use Life Error Profiles for .java files as well, but the Option is not available in the Tools -> Languages -> Application Languges menu.

I think I read somewhere that is because there is internal support for something similar.  That is all good, but I need to run this external linter tool and it works for all other languages.

Any chance to enable this?

Thank you!!
Florian

SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit QT5
« Last post by patrickkox on August 05, 2022, 08:55:37 am »
Here is the logfile
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: PgDown broken
« Last post by jcelle on August 05, 2022, 05:28:25 am »
In fact I managed to create a use case you could re-use if you can reproduce with your configuration.
- open page-down.php attached file : your cursor should be on line 1
- pg-down : line 4 (a comment line preceding a function)
- pg-down: line 5 (the function name ) !!!
- next pg-down navigate normally in lorem-ipsum text

Hope it helps.
SlickEdit® / MOVED: References window request
« Last post by Dennis on August 04, 2022, 09:34:47 pm »
This topic has been moved to Features and/or Improvements.

https://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=18919.0

I have filed a feature request.  Also, remember that there are tooltips in the References tool window tree control, so if you float your mouse over any line, you'll see the entire file path or symbol and class name (provided the tooltip will fit on screen, yeah, some signatures can be crazy long).
SlickEdit® / Re: Slickedit Pro v26.0.3.1 Never Finishes tagging
« Last post by Dennis on August 04, 2022, 09:22:44 pm »
I would suggest doing a thorough search of your machine for ".vtg" files.  If it is still trying to rebuild tag files, there must be one in either our configuration directory or elsewhere that SlickEdit knows about and is trying to update.  Given the number of crashes you have experienced, those tag files are probably also corrupted at this point.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10