Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Options in Linux VM, Apply button off-screen
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 08:50:32 pm »
1920x1080 is usually plenty big enough. However, Linux seems to have problems with DPI. SlickEdit may be scaling due to the DPI which we've found on Linux can be way off. Reducing the dialog font is a good work around.
« Last post by JimmieC on May 05, 2021, 08:17:56 pm »
My display is 1920x1080. A little bit of that is used by the VM frame unless operated in Full-Screen. Also, I don't Auto-Hide the taskbar so some vertical space is used there as well.

So, it seems that many of the Options dialog on default font requires the full 1080 (minus the taskbar). With virtualization more popular, that might be a little greedy. I tried Full-Screen mode for the VM but that didn't fix it.

I changed the dialog font from 10 to 9. That fixed it (although I haven't tried every Options dialog). I think the C\C++ Context Tagging is among the tallest though.
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 07:41:26 pm »
There are displays that are too small for SlickEdit to handle. More resize or scrolling capabilities would be nice for some of the larger dialogs. You might be able to make the dialog font size smaller but you have to have good eyes for that.
SlickEdit® / Re: find-next and Incremental Search
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 07:36:10 pm »
Hotfix added for this
SlickEdit® / Re: Here documents
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 05:35:39 pm »
Added hot fix for powershell @" string
SlickEdit® / Re: Tab key not working
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 04:39:19 pm »
To go to the settings for the current file you are editing (Document>[Language] Options). In this case, I'm guessing it's "Plain Text"
SlickEdit® / Re: Can't shut SlickEdit up
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 04:37:09 pm »
Hot fix added for this which will be in the next hot fix build.
SlickEdit® / Re: Tab key not working
« Last post by brett.sterling@wdc.com on May 05, 2021, 03:59:00 pm »
Thanks for the response.  I tried that, but there is no language associated with the file extension.  So I tried going to 'All Languages', but that doesn't work either.
Still looking for a solution
SlickEdit® / Options in Linux VM, Apply button off-screen
« Last post by JimmieC on May 05, 2021, 03:37:35 pm »
I am running SE in a Linux VM. Many of the "Options" dialog have the the "Apply" buttons and other buttons off the bottom of the screen. One example is C\C++ Context Tagging. When I go to the top edge of the options page, the cursor changes to indicate that I  could resize the dialog. However, it cannot be resized.

See attached image.
SlickEdit® / Re: Here documents
« Last post by Clark on May 05, 2021, 03:24:53 pm »
Some languages have "built-in" color coding items that are added after processing user defined items. This is for backward compatibility and sometimes to simplify the color coding definitions (regex can be quite complicated). In other cases, it's because the language can't  be supported by the standard color coding engine (HTML/XML/Markdown and a few others). The here document check box either adds some "built-in" here document items specific to that language or adds a default item. The here document check box wouldn't be needed any more if the items were added to the system color coding definitions for the language. Those regex are a bit scary though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10