Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: No more references.
« Last post by dmain on June 17, 2022, 02:23:11 pm »
Yesterday references started working normally again. I switched from using a Remote Access Point (HW encryption device) to get the our company network to using our VPN. I thought that might have been the difference but when I went back to using the the RAP it is still working. I can almost guarantee that it will eventually break again. When it does I will see if I can determine what causes the difference. In the meantime is there a hot fix similar to the one that was provided to pineapple?
I know it's been well over a year since responding, but I'll try my luck.

I am still seeing this update error and I've never seen it work.

Replying to the last post (Rodney):
>echo %TEMP%
C:\Users\Ronnie Shipman\AppData\Local\Temp
Note that it contains a space. Is that an issue? I'd be surprised if it was, but thought I would mention it.
There are no files of the form "123456-78b90" in that folder. I can create files in it.
I don't know what a 'Spill File' is and there is no mention of it in help. Here is the entire Program Information tab content:

SlickEdit Pro 2020 (v25.0.2.0 64-bit)

Serial number: WB949641
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\25\slickedit.lic

Build Date: May 15, 2021
Emulation: Visual Studio

OS Version: 10.00.0 
Memory: 65% Load, 10573MB/16194MB Physical, 18267MB/32389MB Page File, 4854MB/134217727MB Virtual
Shell Information: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /q
Screen Size: 1920 x 1080 (-1920 0 1920 1080), 1920 x 1080 (1920 0 1920 1080), 1920 x 1080 (0 0 1920 1080)

Project Type: Single file project - Vcproj
Language: .cpp (C/C++)
Encoding: ACP (1252)

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\SlickEdit Pro 25.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,20192MB free)
Configuration Directory: C:\Users\Ronnie Shipman\OneDrive\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\25.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,20192MB free)

Responding to the second last post (patrick):
I do not run a third-party virus checker, just MS Security one. When I turn off its virus checking, I still see the problem.
Reproduced.  Nice catch.  Not hot-fixable, but I'll try to get a fix in for the next update or release.
Hello,

I'm using SlickEdit Pro 2019 (v24.0.2.0 64-bit)

If I put 'U' (or 'u' which indicate that the number is unsigned) at the last of the number, the C/C++ preprocessing blocking did not work properly.

Example
- The header file
#define DEF_TEST_1U 1U

- The code file
#if DEF_TEST_1U == 1
    int a = 1; /* This was grayed out, but should not */
#endif

Attached the result of my experiment.
Is there any way to correct this?

Best regards,
Tsunokawa
SlickEdit® / Re: Short pauses when scrolling due to files tool window
« Last post by Clark on June 17, 2022, 01:00:13 am »
I'll make sure to check in this change. I just wanted to make sure it worked well for you since you were seeing worse problems.

26.0.3 will come out before then end of the month.
« Last post by rjpontefract on June 16, 2022, 11:38:29 pm »
Hi Clark

Thanks for the mod, it's appreciated.  Scrolling seems a lot smoother now with the files window open.

Will this change make it into a future version of SE or maybe it could be exposed in the options dialog?

« Last post by Clark on June 16, 2022, 11:02:21 pm »
This idle time elapsed isn't configurable. As a test, I just tried .5 seconds and then I wouldn't see any unexpected updates.

Attached is a tbfilelist.e for 26.0.2 with this tiny modification. Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. You can load using Macro>Load Modules...
« Last post by rjpontefract on June 16, 2022, 10:01:20 pm »
Hi Clark, thanks for your reply.

I imagine that .25 seconds would be short enough to cover the time to reposition my finger on the scroll wheel, so although it's trying to be continuous, it does have short pauses in it.

I have somewhere around 50 files open at the moment, although more than 100 isn't uncommon.

How do I increase the idle timer to .5 seconds, sounds like it would be worth a try.  Is there a preferences option for that?

My machine is a laptop, but it's not a particularly slow one. ( i7-9750H, 64GiB, 1TiB SSD).  It does have various corporate security applications running though, so I wouldn't be suprised in AV/AM is at play here.
« Last post by Clark on June 16, 2022, 09:24:23 pm »
The Files tool window scans the buffer list for changes. Although, it only updates when there are no mouse or keyboard events for .25 seconds and about 1 second has elapsed since the last update.

Are you using the scroll wheel quickly without pause or are you pausing for a little bit?

How many files do you have open?

Maybe the .25 seconds idle time elapsed needs to be increased to .5 seconds. With my testing, updates can occur if you aren't somewhat quick starting your next wheel scroll.

Updating the Files tool window isn't that expensive. What are the specs on your machine? Is it a laptop?
SlickEdit® / Re: Open multiple files in one instance
« Last post by sandbox on June 16, 2022, 01:23:10 pm »
Thank you for the reply, it's not a major issue and something I can live with.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10