Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
That works!  :)
SlickEdit® / Re: Is there a way to tell SlickEdit never to load files as projects?
« Last post by Clark on April 10, 2024, 09:27:45 PM »
There is already a way to do this. Set the environment variable VSLICK to "-fn".  You can add other command line options to VSLICK too. "-fn" has some special handling to make sure it works right.

It had to be done this way because the command line switches are processed before any configuration information. There's a command line switch to specify where the configuration data is (-sc).
SlickEdit® / Re: Is there a way to tell SlickEdit never to load files as projects?
« Last post by Clark on April 10, 2024, 09:05:41 PM »
There isn't a way to do this. I like this idea a lot. I get burned when I manually edit .vpw and .vpj files but I'm definitely not the typical user. I'll see if this is possible. My only worry is that some feature relies on it.

Use "vs.exe -fn cargo.toml" to bypass this (not -e).
SlickEdit® / Is there a way to tell SlickEdit never to load files as projects?
« Last post by spongyryno on April 10, 2024, 08:09:44 PM »
I frequently need to edit Cargo.toml files, and so I open them with:

Code: [Select]
vs.exe cargo.toml

Unfortunately, this closes all of the documents I was working on, and creates a bunch of annoying extra files:

• Cargo.vpj
  • Cargo.vpw
  • Cargo.vpwhistxml
  • Cargo.vtg

I know I can simply do:

Code: [Select]
vs.exe -e cargo.toml

...but I always forget, and by the time I hit <ENTER> it's too late... I now have to close the project, re-load the files I want, and delete all the extra files.

Is there any way to tell SlickEdit I *never* want to load a file as a project?
SlickEdit® / Re: Unable to run 28.0.2 on MAC ARM after install
« Last post by rajkej on April 10, 2024, 07:35:37 PM »
Probably has to do with IT blocking the dropbox website. Something to do with how the file was stored on a "secure file share" between the IT person downloading it and getting it to me.
SlickEdit® / Re: aliases box not resizable
« Last post by Clark on April 10, 2024, 07:34:29 PM »
Good suggestion. Thanks
« Last post by Clark on April 10, 2024, 07:31:33 PM »
Clearing that attribute did the trick. Thanks!

Must be something about how the file was downloaded by our IT dept that set it?

Glad this worked! It's normal for the quarantine attribute to be added when installers are downloaded. I still don't understand why your machine wouldn't go through the normal verification process and permit the open anyway button.
SlickEdit® / aliases box not resizable
« Last post by joecar on April 10, 2024, 06:40:29 PM »
In the Aliases options window, the alias name box is not resizable, this makes it difficult when dealing with longer alias names.

v28.0.2
« Last post by rajkej on April 10, 2024, 06:12:39 PM »
Clearing that attribute did the trick. Thanks!

Must be something about how the file was downloaded by our IT dept that set it?
SlickEdit® / Re: Search Dialog Disappeared Today
« Last post by ChuckInDodgeville on April 10, 2024, 03:40:09 PM »
It happened again, so maybe I can provide another data point or two.  If I configure the display to be "only on 2" (the larger), then the search tool is on screen.  I can then go back to "extend" and see the search tool.
In the new config, the search tool was on screen.  So it was not duplicating today.
In the bad case, the "find and replace" tool was checked and I could not get it to uncheck.  Selecting there tops it but that doesn't help when it's off screen.
This never happened on Win10, so I'm guessing something about Win11 lets it happen.  But it doesn't always happen.  It may also have something to do with hibernation.  I hibernate using PsShutdown64 -h, from the Sysinternals package.  Maybe it moves off screen when I hibernate with it open?  I haven't confirmed that.
Anyway, there's a work around, so I'm fine and I hope this report can prove helpful at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10