Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
This is fixed for the next beta drop.
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: Failure to restore workspace
« Last post by Clark on Today at 06:28:22 pm »
Odd. It's like only part of the restore worked. Keep an eye on it.
SlickEdit® / Re: Can't change backup location option
« Last post by Clark on Today at 06:25:39 pm »
The Backup location field is only enabled when "Make backup files" is set to "Create backup file on first save".
Thanks! I like how when there is only 1 prototype and 1 definition, not to put up the dialog to choose. But if there are multiple repeated prototypes, would be nice to get the dialog.
SlickEdit® / Re: References does not show function definition...
« Last post by joecar on Today at 06:24:05 pm »
I found it, see attached.

In the debug text, line 7 shows 'qla27xx_ski' which is a truncation of 'qla27xx_skip_entry'.

« Last post by joecar on Today at 06:21:16 pm »
Where is the SlickEdit debug window (I saw it flash by)...?

References quick filters has Show All Tags checked.
OK.  I think I can tweak this special case without doing too much harm.
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit discussion on Reddit
« Last post by rowbearto on Today at 06:01:12 pm »
Also see this discussion I had on another reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/96ba1y/how_to_use_clion_with_makefiles_and_other_project/e42o7ik/?context=2

Someone here is claiming that with QtCreator and clang that:

Well, I can only reply with my personal anecdata: 10k files (~1.9Gb) project is indexed by QtCreator in 120sec on a single core (files are located on local HFS+). QtCreator does not store the parsed index on disk, memory usage with this project is ~700Mb.

Not sure I can truly believe that a clang based indexer in QtCreator can really index 10k files/1.9Gb in 120 seconds, but if that were true it would be pretty amazing.
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit discussion on Reddit
« Last post by rowbearto on Today at 05:57:05 pm »
For cases where "you wouldn't expect any tool to handle except for your compiler", I see other editors/IDEs are relying on clang compiler. For example, there is the "rtags" client/server that allows editors/IDEs to interact with an index of the code based on clang: https://github.com/Andersbakken/rtags#support-for-other-editors

I had an internal debate in my company about this with someone who uses clang with VIM. I argued that I liked SlickEdit because it could index his project of 8500 files in 35 seconds, while his clang indexing took him over 15 minutes. Probably because clang does all preprocessing and a fuller compiling than what SlickEdit does. I think SlickEdit will cover majority of cases for cross-reference search, auto-list members, etc. But it would be nice to have an alternative in SlickEdit to use one of these clang based tools if we wanted super accuracy. There would be a big penalty in indexing time, but it would be nice to have the option to do this if I wanted to and was willing to wait all that extra time.
« Last post by Dennis on Today at 05:56:04 pm »
Still no repro, even with our user.cfg.xml and your workspace.

Try this.  Place your cursor on one of the instances of qla27xx_skip_entry(), and then go to the SlickEdit command line and type "codehelp-trace-push-refs"  Then go to the SlickEdit debug output window and hit Ctrl+X to copy the contents to the clipboard, paste it into an empty text file, and attach it to this list.  That will help me debug what is different in your specific case.

Also, verify that you do not have any filters enabled in the References tool window by right-clicking, navigating to the Quick Filters submenu, and verifying that "Show all tags" is checked.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10