Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I applied the new tbopen.e and it fixed the issue for me on the sample project! Thanks! I also now see "Show/match files in current directory" in the File Open options. I'll let you know if I still any issues on my real project while I use it.

I notice that there are many more items that appear in the smart open context menu that don't appear in Tools->Options->File Options->Open. You mentioned "Show/match files in current directory", but there are others that I see in the context menu that are not in the tool window, such as "Show hidden files", "Show all siblings", "single-click to change directory", "Auto size columns", "Show relative paths" and the "View" sub-menu.
SlickEdit® / Re: Smart Open finds files from previous projects when it shouldn't
« Last post by Clark on July 19, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »
Not if you’re on windows. The uninstall won’t remove the file. Other platforms don’t have that problem.
Thanks Clark.

Would it work to put the new tbopen.e file into the installation directory where the original tbopen.e file is - <installdir>/macros/tbopen.e (of course I would keep a backup of the original file there), and then "load" it?
How long have you been using slickedit for  - since 2013?
Does the error happen every single time you search recursively in a big folder?
How many files and folders in the big folder?
Are you doing a "background search"  - if so, try swapping to foreground search - there's a checkbox in the find/replace dialog.
Have you tried running a check-disk on your hard drive?
Are there any errors showing in the system event viewer when you get this problem?

Sometimes deleting a file called vslick.sta (with slick closed) can help but if you already tried deleting your entire config folder than deleting vslick.sta won't help.
SlickEdit® / Re: Smart Open finds files from previous projects when it shouldn't
« Last post by Clark on July 18, 2018, 11:47:51 pm »
1 you won’t have a problem UNLESS there macro files of the same name that it imports/includes that are the wrong version. Put it in a directory by itself to be sure
2 it will get replaced. No problem
Thanks Clark.

What about my other questions:

Before applying the fix, I have some questions:

1) To apply it, I open the tbopen.e file in the editor and then do <ESC>load, correct? Does the tbopen.e file need to be in any special directory when I open it?
2) What happens when the official hotfix is available later. When I apply it, it will overwrite the tbopen.e file that I manually loaded from another location?

Thanks,
Rob
« Last post by Clark on July 17, 2018, 02:17:44 pm »
These options are also supposed to be displayed in Tools>Options>File Options>Open.  At least the context menu has them.
Thanks for the quick investigation and fix Clark!

I have not applied the latest version of the macro yet. Before applying it though, I do see the "Show/match files in current file directory", see attached screenshot, contrary to what you wrote.

Before applying the fix, I have some questions:

1) To apply it, I open the tbopen.e file in the editor and then do <ESC>load, correct? Does the tbopen.e file need to be in any special directory when I open it?
2) What happens when the official hotfix is available later. When I apply it, it will overwrite the tbopen.e file that I manually loaded from another location?
SlickEdit® / Press ESC to close CapsLock and IME
« Last post by netbrain on July 17, 2018, 06:07:43 am »

Press ESC to close CapsLock and IME, automatically.
using Vim emulation, it's helpful.
the attach zip file includes source and x64 dll file.

To build the dll file, add SE_INSTALL_PATH\h and sub-directory to include path,
add SE_INSTALL_PATH\lib to library path, add vsapi.lib to link library, set
configuration to x64/release depends on your platform.
To load the dll file, activate command line, type 'dload somepath\capslock.dll'.
To test, type 'capslock_information' in command line.
« Last post by Clark on July 16, 2018, 11:03:37 pm »
There are two bugs. First bug is that the smart open options are not being displayed. Second bug has to do with the "Show/match files in current file directory" option. It's on by default (hard to turn off now since the option isn't visible). When the last file is closed, there's a bug where this match list isn't being cleared. Both bugs were trivial to fix.

This will be fixed in the next hotfix build.

Since you're a pretty advanced user, I've attached the latest 22.0.2 version of this macro. I'm not sure if the first problem will just go away if you load this new tbopen.e (it may require a new state file). The more important fix is the second issue.

Thanks again for helping us find this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10