Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.11 64-bit)  on Fedora 29
New install of SlickEdit.   
Selecting Tools->Options->Appearance->Colors->General->Function  with profile of Light: Default
The sample view for c/c++ shows the function 'main' in bold (with corresponding 'Font style' radio button 'Bold' selected). However this is not reflected in my actual code windows.  The 'sample view' will follow changes as directed by the radio button selection, but the actual code windows do not follow.  No change is seen whether 'Apply' is selected under 'Options' or not.  I have not made any other intentional custom changes that I'm aware of.  Someone else in our group experiences the same thing.
SlickEdit® / Re: Focus switches to floating windows
« Last post by MrPolite on December 10, 2018, 06:14:02 pm »
thanks for spending time! still not working - will look into the xretrace link you mentioned :)
SlickEdit® / Re: Trying to open multiple files per window
« Last post by dunkers on December 10, 2018, 05:40:45 pm »
Ta. I'll see how difficult it is to change a deeply embedded habit :)
« Last post by Clark on December 10, 2018, 05:23:54 pm »
There's no real difference in your steps. Like you said though, doing a split takes fewer steps.
SlickEdit® / Re: How to integrate SE with my public GitHub repository?
« Last post by mtp1032 on December 10, 2018, 05:02:35 pm »
We don't have a built in way to integrate with GitHub, but if you check out from GitHub, you can then use our Git support for all the operations you would expect, including push and pull.
OK, I'll give this a shot. I use the full range of git services in my dev projects so I'll jump in and see what I can do.

Thanks for the quick response

« Last post by dunkers on December 10, 2018, 04:52:29 pm »
Is there any real difference between tiling two windows and splitting one window, apart from the tiling issues? Whenever I start a new project my first act on opening a file is to duplicate the window and then tile, to get my preferred layout, but clearly just splitting it is quicker and seems to have similar functionality (I am sure that at one time it didn't, but I can't pinpoint when since I very rarely used a split).
Features and/or Improvements / Re: Language Server Protocol feature request
« Last post by rowbearto on December 10, 2018, 04:08:51 pm »
FYI: QtCreator just implemented Language Server Protocol in its latest release:

http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/12/06/qt-creator-4-8-0-released/
SlickEdit® / Re: Setting workspace environment variables
« Last post by bengle on December 10, 2018, 01:59:22 pm »
Perfect.  Just what I am looking for.  Thank you.   :)
« Last post by Dan on December 10, 2018, 01:38:26 pm »
Sorry, this should get you going:

Code: [Select]
_command void test_set_environment_variables() name_info(',')
{
   set_env('TEST1','value');
}
« Last post by bengle on December 10, 2018, 01:29:36 pm »
I am looking for a way to do this programmatically with a macro, rather than the Open tab of the Project Properties dialog.  For various reasons I periodically have to delete my project directories and reload them from source control.  I have quite a few projects and each one has quite a few environment variables.  It is tedious and time consuming to type them all in again on the Open tab Project Properties dialogs on each of the projects.  I would like to have a macro for each project that I could just run and it would add the entire set of environment variables at once without having to do all of the typing each time.

By the way, I did fix the email address in my profile.  I didn't even realize it had that obsolete email address.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10