Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit® / FiF: Premature "String not found"
« Last post by jporkkahtc on March 18, 2019, 07:56:14 pm »
When I do a Find in Files and search recursively, the status bar immediately changes to "String not found".
Then, search results starts to fill in.
Eventually the status bar changes to:
"Total found: nnn...."

But, it should not start out with "String not found" - this is just misleading and meaningless.
Fixed for next hot fix to 23.0.1.
SlickEdit® / Re: Wrong evaluated type in preview/mouse-over for std::min C++
« Last post by Dennis on March 18, 2019, 04:29:02 pm »
Working on a hot fix to 23.0.1.
SlickEdit® / Re: SE opens recent files at odd location
« Last post by rajkej on March 18, 2019, 04:28:58 pm »
Also, you may have to have a minimap window for this to occur.

I also have minimap on.
« Last post by b on March 18, 2019, 04:16:22 pm »
I definitely have minimap on.     It actually happens quite frequently (several times a day).   I look forward to the fix when it comes.
SlickEdit® / Re: Odd location when jumping to reference....
« Last post by Dennis on March 18, 2019, 03:18:35 pm »
@schugh
If I am interpreting what you describe correctly, this may be intentional.  We do not always center on the symbol when we jump to it, if the symbol is already visible on the current page we will just move the cursor.  It does that so that the previous cursor location isn't scrolled out of view unnecessarily.  It helps to have the "draw box around current line" option enabled so that it is easier to track where the current line is.

I can't comment on the other issue you bring up with auto-formatting.  If you can isolate a reproducible case, we could look into it.
SlickEdit® / Re: Odd location when jumping to reference....
« Last post by Graeme on March 17, 2019, 10:16:16 am »
If slick actually goes to the wrong line you could try rebuilding your tag file.

Did anything change just before you first noticed the problem? e.g. did you install a hotfix or an upgrade, did your machine crash, did you get a new mouse or video card?  If it worked correctly for a while before it went wrong, you may be able to resolve it by deleting your vslick.sta file (with slick closed - and back it up first), then start slick. 

Does slick set the position correctly when you step through search results or go to bookmarks?
« Last post by Clark on March 15, 2019, 11:25:10 pm »
I use horizontal split window a lot. Previously, when I hit this issue I could never reproduce the problem. The trick is to put the cursor further out to the right. Also, you may have to have a minimap window for this to occur.
« Last post by b on March 15, 2019, 10:59:42 pm »
I'm running on MAC and am able to reproduce this by splitting my window (Window menu, split vertically) when my cursor is far right on the line. For instance, I have most of my files setup for 80 column width. If I put my cursor past the end of the line on column 80 when in one window view mode then do the vertical split, the new window opens similar to how the original poster indicated. My cursor is still on column 80 but that column is no longer on the far right of the window, instead the left most column displayed is column 45.

I hadn't even thought of that association, but my was horizontally split.
« Last post by Clark on March 15, 2019, 10:00:44 pm »
These issues are probably related. This is not hot fixable. This fix will be added to 23.0.2 (no date set yet -- guess ~2 months).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10