Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Here's a little more info on the search part of it anyway.

Sometimes it gets stuck on a file and puts up that popup.  Click Ok, pops up again, click Ok again, and then the search window says:

Failed to open:  (some path)\some file.c or .h (which is the filter I'm using)

However, Slick Edit can indeed open those files.  You can copy the path and open it and boom, open in Slick Edit.  Indeed, even if the file is already open in Slick Edit, it happens again.

You should put an AI button on that popup with the text we can click:  "Are you sure you can't open it?  It's open right there behind you inside of you!" :) :) :)
SlickEdit 2013 (v18.0.1.2 64-bit)
Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit

This started today (reboot after weekend) so I don't know what's going on.

It pops up a little window with "Error Creating Directory Entry".

This happens in these situations:

1. Starting Slick Edit (sometimes)
2. Searching big directories recursively (which makes the search "stuck" somewhere.)

If I click Ok, the search continues, but I usually encounter 5-6 of these stuck popups.

I tried deleting everything in My Slickedit Config under Documents.  Slick Edit is reset to factory more or less (you would know this; I don't) and it wants to drive me through a setup wizard.

Anyway, whatever the problem is, it isn't in that Documents folder.

Also, I have no *.stu files, which is the only other reference I can find using Google, on this site.  So both threads I can find, one from 2006, and one from 2014, do not have a working solution (anymore.)

SlickEdit® / Re: Compile current file on save
« Last post by asandler on July 16, 2018, 08:14:26 pm »
OK. I got it working. I created a new build tool that compiles one file (I could not use stock Compile tool, more on this later). Then I wrote a Slick-C macro that runs it.

I could not actually use Compile tool because for GNU C/C++ projects I cannot make it use my own command. Not sure why.
Another problem has been the fact that in a new build tool I could not express what I want to do in terms of escape sequences for build commands. To compile single file located at <ROOT>/src/foo/bar.c we have to run make out/src/foo/bar.o. It could be possible to do that if there was escape sequence that returns file path relative to project's root directory. So I wrote a small BASH script that constructs and wraps above make command.

Another caveat that I don't quite know how to solve yet is that my new Compile tool is defined for all file extensions. I don't want to run it on anything but C files. I solved this problem by ignoring all non-C files in the wrapper script. However, may be this is the right way to do it because I do want to save the file even if it is not a C file.
SlickEdit® / Re: Smart Open finds files from previous projects when it shouldn't
« Last post by Clark on July 16, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »
Reproduced. You do have that option unchecked. Thanks for taking the time to give us a small test case.
That is currently unchecked in my smart open, and I still have this issue. You should be able to see that in the configuration that I sent.
SlickEdit® / Re: Smart Open finds files from previous projects when it shouldn't
« Last post by Dennis on July 16, 2018, 02:21:41 pm »
Right click in the file list for the Smart Open tool window.  Under "Options", uncheck "Show/match files in history".
« Last post by Dennis on July 16, 2018, 02:18:10 pm »
The project_compile() command will save the current file if you have the "compile" tool configured to do so in your project properties.
SlickEdit® / Smart Open finds files from previous projects when it shouldn't
« Last post by rowbearto on July 16, 2018, 01:48:15 pm »
Sometimes I have multiple copies of my source code in different directories - due to working with different branches in git.

When I switch SE workspaces from one of these directories to another, and then I look for a file in the "Smart Open", it is finding files in my old workspace (different directory) that I closed and am no longer using. Then I need to be really careful which file I choose. Due to this, I've been fully closing SE and reopening it whenever I switch workspaces.

I created a test project so SlickTeam can reproduce. I uploaded it to support - see sopen_multiproj.tar.gz.

The issue does not happen with a clean config, so my .tar.gz file has many files from my config to aid reproduction.

Here are the steps to reproduce.

0. Apply my SE configuration as included in the .tar.gz file (doesn't seem to reproduce with clean config)
1. Project->Open Workspace choose prj1/myprj.vpw
2. In Smart Open, type "test.cpp" and open the prj1/test.cpp file
3. On line 10, highlight "printFunc()" and press Ctrl+/ to find all references.
4. Project->Open Workspace, choose prj2/myprj.vpw
5. File->Close All to get rid of the test.cpp file from prj1 that is still open
6. Type "test.cpp" into smart open, observe that the test.cpp from ../prj1 is listed there when it should not be! See attached screenshot.

Thanks for taking a look. I'd rather not need to close SE and reopen it whenever I switch workspaces.

I'm using 22.0.2.1 with hotfix 11 on Linux x64.
« Last post by hs2 on July 16, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »
concur_command isn’t the best choice since it runs async and doesn’t support error markers functionality.
Have a look at e.g. https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,988.msg4191.html#msg4191
I think the project_build command also wrapping ‘Compile’ is the way to go and let SE do the invocation and setting the error markers accordingly.
Maybe I’m wrong but isn’t there a SE setting doing ‘Compile’ on save ?
Otherwise you could also make use of the SE callback hook mechanism to hook on the ‘on save’ actions invoking ‘Compile’ perhaps with some filtering to avoid compiling every file you save.
HS2
« Last post by asandler on July 16, 2018, 12:32:06 pm »
I made a some progress. It looks like I have to call
Code: [Select]
set_error_markers(). The code does not work yet. It seems
concur_command() is asynchronous and by the time I run
set_error_markers() build buffer is still empty. Anyway, I'll appreciate if C-Slick experts can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10