Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: SE opens recent files at odd location
« Last post by Clark on March 15, 2019, 07:47:46 pm »
I'm running on MAC and am able to reproduce this by splitting my window (Window menu, split vertically) when my cursor is far right on the line. For instance, I have most of my files setup for 80 column width. If I put my cursor past the end of the line on column 80 when in one window view mode then do the vertical split, the new window opens similar to how the original poster indicated. My cursor is still on column 80 but that column is no longer on the far right of the window, instead the left most column displayed is column 45.

I can reproduce this on Windows and macOS. We will look into this. No way to know if this issue is related to the auto-restore workspace files issue.
« Last post by rajkej on March 15, 2019, 06:55:22 pm »
I'm running on MAC and am able to reproduce this by splitting my window (Window menu, split vertically) when my cursor is far right on the line. For instance, I have most of my files setup for 80 column width. If I put my cursor past the end of the line on column 80 when in one window view mode then do the vertical split, the new window opens similar to how the original poster indicated. My cursor is still on column 80 but that column is no longer on the far right of the window, instead the left most column displayed is column 45.
SlickEdit® / Odd location when jumping to reference....
« Last post by schugh on March 15, 2019, 03:42:58 pm »
Quite often for a month (maybe more) if I hit ctrl+. to jump to reference etc when slickedit goes to the reference it positions it 3 or 4 lines from the bottom instead of near the center where it used to be and where the eyes are looking for it.
Also one time a week or two ago as when it was auto-formatting the line I was editing jumped down to again to near the bottom of the screen which was jarring.
« Last post by Clark on March 15, 2019, 12:43:34 pm »
No luck reproducing this so far. No idea what the trick is.
SlickEdit® / Re: Sluggish performance
« Last post by dglasser on March 15, 2019, 12:23:39 pm »
Try this:

Document > [lang] Options... > Auto-Complete > List Symbols > uncheck Auto-list compatible values

You may also want to uncheck:

Document > [lang] Options... > Context Tagging > Parameter Information > Auto-List compatible parameters

I unchecked both of those, and it works beautifully now, even with autocomplete re-enabled. Thanks very much!
SlickEdit® / Re: Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?
« Last post by Graeme on March 15, 2019, 12:32:05 am »
If you don't want slickedit to do any version control stuff at all you could probably go to tools -> options  - search for subversion and clear the field "subversion executable".
Alternatively you could have a look at the function _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC in project.e in the slick macros folder and change it as below. 

Code: [Select]
int _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC(_str (&NewFiles)[],_str (&DeletedFiles)[], _str ProjectName='')
{
   if ( DeletedFiles._length())
      return 0;
   // ...
}

If you don't want slickedit to do any adding or removing at all you could add the code below to a macro file of your own and load it with the load module command in the macro menu.  It will replace the existing version of this function.  You might need to reload it after you load any hotfix.

Code: [Select]
[code]int _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC(_str (&NewFiles)[],_str (&DeletedFiles)[], _str ProjectName='')
{
    return 0;
}

« Last post by Dennis on March 14, 2019, 10:12:47 pm »
Try this:

Document > [lang] Options... > Auto-Complete > List Symbols > uncheck Auto-list compatible values

You may also want to uncheck:

Document > [lang] Options... > Context Tagging > Parameter Information > Auto-List compatible parameters
« Last post by dglasser on March 14, 2019, 04:54:16 pm »
The Preview tool window is closed. The profile file is attached. I had an Iterator<Long> variable named "iterator". I started the profiler, and on a new line I typed:

iterator<space>=<space>

"<space>" above refers to a space character. When I typed the space character after the equals sign, it paused for what seemed like 3 seconds before a list of options appeared. Then I saved the profile that is attached.

I like autocomplete for class members, but I don't even want this. To have a long pause every time I type an equals sign is maddening. Oh, and BTW, In Tools > Options > Java > Auto-Complete I have the following unchecked:

Enable auto-completion
Use Syntax Expansion on space
Expand aliases on space
Space inserts longest unique prefix.

and checked is "Space always inserts space"

And it still behaves this way!

My space key is bound (apparently by default) to the java_space command. Should I just unbind that, and if so, how?
SlickEdit® / Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?
« Last post by ehoffman on March 14, 2019, 04:04:52 pm »
I know this has been asked, but I did not found any follow up on this.

Is there a way to disable version control prompt when removing a file from the project?  Or to simply choose to disable version control altogether?

I regularly do a lot of file addition/removal, in a production environment, with a big project, and each time, this ask me to remove the file from version control.

However, I'm afraid that if I choose Yes (by mistake), and do not see my mistake, then the whole dev. team get down as soon as I commit my changes (the file get deleted from SVN, which, in a real production environment, is really bad).

In the current state, SlickEdit 23 is unusable for me.

Regards,
Eric

SlickEdit® / Re: Anyone still require 32-bit SlickEdit ?
« Last post by bengle on March 14, 2019, 03:40:56 pm »
I would be okay with just having a 64-bit version, but having some sort of SCC adaptor process would make it much easier to use.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10