Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: What happened to tabbed window w multiple files?
« Last post by davehohl on April 23, 2018, 09:50:23 pm »
In Tools>Editing>Editor Windows, is Files per window set to "One file per window" or "Multiple files share window"?
Features and/or Improvements / Helpfile request: Regex
« Last post by jporkkahtc on April 23, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »
Please split perl,slickedit and wildcard Regex descriptions into separate topics/pages in help.
Why?

Since this page is large I usually have to Ctrl+F search in the page.
When Ctrl+F matches something it is really hard to tell if what it matched is a perl regex or a slick regex.

Putting these onto separate pages would make it a lot more usable.

Just for fun, I printed this topic to PDF: It is 22 pages long!

SlickEdit® / What happened to tabbed window w multiple files?
« Last post by MichaelBate on April 23, 2018, 09:03:40 pm »
I am a long time user of SlickEdit and have just updated to the latest version (64 bit 22.0.2.1, Windows 7 Pro).  I don't know what I did but the main window now shows only one file with no tabs along the top to display other files in my project.

What am I doing wrong?
Here is the info from the About box:

SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.2.1 64-bit)

Serial number: WB826685
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\22\slickedit.lic

Build Date: February 12, 2018
Emulation: Brief

OS Version: 6.01.7601  Service Pack 1
Memory: 38% Load, 6349MB/16315MB Physical, 7546MB/32628MB Page File, 614MB/8388607MB Virtual
Shell Information: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /q
Screen Size: 1920 x 1200

Project Type: Microsoft Visual Studio Visual C++
Language: .cs (C#)
Encoding: Automatic

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\SlickEdit Pro 22.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,6694MB free)
Configuration Directory: D:\Users\Michael\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\22.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,34798MB free)
Migrated from: D:\Users\Michael\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\22.0.1\
Spill File: D:\Users\Michael\temp\$slk.12580 (non-removable drive,NTFS,34798MB free)

Yes, that's a really great question. Where to config SE to fix this?
I load a XSD file containing,

<schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
               xmlns:bdem='http://.....

SE will try to find and load these files, which it never will because of fire-walls.
But once it starts one has to wait for about 2-3mins for a socket timeout. Until
that time the editor is non-responsive. How to stop?

Otherwise SE is cool.
SlickEdit® / Re: Binding numpad keys for selection
« Last post by yurakolotov on April 23, 2018, 03:37:21 pm »
All the shift key combinations bind to cua_select and the cua_select macro figures out which specific key combination was pressed.  If you want to look at the code for cua_select (all 492 lines of it), type fp cua_select on the slick command line.

In the key bindings dialog you can see what keycode gets generated for different keys.  In V22 I get this
With numlock off, the end key gives end,  shift end gives shift end.
With numlock on, the end/1 key gives Pad1, shift end/1 gives end.
What do you get for this?

Regular (not numpad) end key gives End, shift end gives Shift-End.
With numlock off, the numpad end key gives End, shift end gives Shift+Pad1.
With numlock on, the numpad end key gives Pad1, shift end gives Shift-End.

(Oh, and the "Shift-End" shows a long list of cua_select, undifferentiated to specific shift+end command. I would attach a printscreen if I knew how...)

So I think the problem is that I get Shift+Pad1 instead of Shift+End for Shift-numpad-end with numlock off.
SlickEdit® / Re: Binding numpad keys for selection
« Last post by Graeme on April 23, 2018, 10:20:38 am »
All the shift key combinations bind to cua_select and the cua_select macro figures out which specific key combination was pressed.  If you want to look at the code for cua_select (all 492 lines of it), type fp cua_select on the slick command line.

In the key bindings dialog you can see what keycode gets generated for different keys.  In V22 I get this
With numlock off, the end key gives end,  shift end gives shift end.
With numlock on, the end/1 key gives Pad1, shift end/1 gives end.
What do you get for this?
SlickEdit® / Binding numpad keys for selection
« Last post by yurakolotov on April 22, 2018, 05:05:31 pm »
Hi,
This is my first time here, so apologies in advance if I inadvertently break some rules or conventions...

When I upgraded from SlickEdit 2011 (v. 16.0.0.02 32 bit) to SlickEdit 2013 (v. 18.0.1.2 64 bit), I have lost the ability to use my numpad arrows in the same manner as regular arrows.

I am used to working without NumLock, and to selecting (for example) "from here to end of line" by pressing Shift+End on NumPad, or "from here to next word" by "Shift+Right". But in this version this binding does not work, UNLESS NumPad is on.

I thought I could just bind these keys one by one, but when I search for biding on Shift+End (using regular End) or Shift+Right, all I get is a list of some 20 "cua-select" commands, without specification of which does what.

Is there some place else I must look?

Thanks!

SlickEdit® / Re: Feature Notification: Undo is turned off
« Last post by Researcher5 on April 21, 2018, 02:44:42 am »
I've added 3 zeros to each of those 4 numbers related to large files.  I guess I'll just keep adding zeros, as needed.
Features and/or Improvements / Re: Why is "Sort" grayed out?
« Last post by Researcher5 on April 21, 2018, 02:42:44 am »
Thanks -- that worked (Protect read-only mode -- OFF).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10