Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SlickEdit® / Re: Anyone still require 32-bit SlickEdit ?
« Last post by ebbe on March 06, 2019, 08:13:49 am »
I have had issues with using GDB on 32-bit programs where the solution was to switch to the 32-bit version of Slickedit.
SlickEdit® / Anyone still require 32-bit SlickEdit ?
« Last post by Dennis on March 05, 2019, 11:12:07 pm »
Two issues we know would have to be addressed if we go 64-bit only:
  • GDB on Windows, either distribute two binaries or check if latest GDB supports multi-arch on Windows.
  • SCC clients which are 32-bit only, either have to drop support, or put together a 32-bit adaptor process

The advantages to dropping 32-bit SlickEdit would be:
  • Two fewer platforms to test and maintain.
  • More time for us to improve the product in other ways
SlickEdit® / Re: Diffzilla" "Skip comments at the beginning of the file" option
« Last post by Dan on March 05, 2019, 08:17:55 pm »
I'll check that specific case.
SlickEdit® / Template location
« Last post by claus_stovgaard on March 05, 2019, 08:17:54 pm »
Hi

Would like to know if somehow a workspace or project file can add templates to SlickEdit.
To situation is that we have some projects in git, where the vpj/wpw of cause is part of the git repository.
For those projects we have a number of templates we currently either is copying to our local [ConfigDir]/templates folder, or we make a softlink to the templates on a file share. Both have a problem. E.g. the copy by being outdated when changes happen to the templates, and softlink if it is a laptop and no connection to the server.

So is it possible some how to add template files to a git repository, and then via the vpj/wpw make them accessible in SlickEdit? It would be pretty neat as we then would have a number of templates for each project, located together with the project in git.

If it is currently not possible, it is a feature I would love to see in further releases of SlickEdit.

Thanks ahead.
SlickEdit® / Re: Highlighting lines that have been modified?
« Last post by Dan on March 05, 2019, 08:16:20 pm »
The line to show deleted lines is an interesting idea.
« Last post by JeffB on March 05, 2019, 07:31:34 pm »
As-is, the modified lines feature is rarely useful, due to closing/opening proejcts/files, submitting to git....

What I would find helpful is just a marker that shows where modifications have been made vs. the repo version.  So like what timur suggested, just a function that says re-mark added/modified lines based against the repo version. So, hit a key, all open files update themselves (also on file open).  Maybe some thin red line in between lines for deleted lines, but I could live without that.  For me this would make the modified lines feature actually useful.  I wouldn't really want a permanent inline diff (ala strikethrough font for deleted lines).

...my $.02

Jeff
SlickEdit® / Re: Changing the default directory for new project files?
« Last post by timur on March 05, 2019, 06:07:59 pm »
This almost works.  It changes the "workspace" directory, but I need to change the "project" directory.

Edit: Ok, I got it working.  I had to make a similar change to initialize_project_tab():

Code: [Select]
   if (ctlcreate_new_workspace.p_value) {
//      ctlProjectNewDir.p_text=GetWorkspaceRoot();
      ctlProjectNewDir.p_text = '/home/ttabi/projects/';
   }
SlickEdit® / Diffzilla" "Skip comments at the beginning of the file" option
« Last post by jaymmartin on March 05, 2019, 05:25:49 pm »
What does this do?  We have a "licensing" comment block using C++ "//" comments that is inserted at the top of the files in a delivery process, but when I compare an internal copy of a directory (no comment blocks) and a delivered copy I still get differences between files whose only difference is the header block of comments.  Slickedit has done this for a long time.
SlickEdit® / Re: Changing the default directory for new project files?
« Last post by Graeme on March 05, 2019, 12:32:06 pm »
The only way I could find to get it to work was by modifying the function below in wkspace.e.  I would have expected the initial value to be the same folder as the currently open workspace though.

Code: [Select]
static void initialize_workspace_tab()
{
   ctlworkspace_type_list._lbadd_item("Blank Workspace");
   _str wroot=GetWorkspaceRoot();
   ctlnew_workspace_dir.p_text=wroot;
   if (wroot=="") {
      ctlnew_workspace_dir.p_text=getcwd();
   }
   ctlnew_workspace_dir.p_text = 'C:/something';
}
« Last post by Dan on March 05, 2019, 11:42:34 am »
I'll add a feature request for this.

To do this I'd like to go the extra mile and show deleted lines as imaginary (lines that don't save) in a strike through font.  Grouping them together properly becomes an issue.  Also in the difference editor we do intra-line differencing, where we show what changed on the line.  This is easy when there are two lines, but if we're only showing one, and something has been deleted from it, there's now way to show that except to show that it's different.

It inflates into something non-trivial pretty quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]