Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SlickEdit® / Re: Files saved in DiffZilla not honoring "strip trailing spaces" setting
« Last post by JeffB on November 30, 2018, 04:10:08 pm »
Thanks, Dan!
SlickEdit® / Re: Files saved in DiffZilla not honoring "strip trailing spaces" setting
« Last post by Dan on November 30, 2018, 03:59:41 pm »
Oh, I see it now.  This should be hotfixable, but it will not be a trivial fix.  I will start working on it.
« Last post by JeffB on November 30, 2018, 03:53:23 pm »
no.  It removes the eol whitespace from lines I didn't actually modify.
« Last post by Dan on November 30, 2018, 03:51:24 pm »
So the problem is that the EOL chars are not removed when saving in the diff?
« Last post by JeffB on November 30, 2018, 03:48:38 pm »
vs doesn't seem to recognize that the file has been modified, so the buffer still shows the eol whitespace.  If you look at it outside of vs or close/re-open the file, you should be able to see it.
SlickEdit® / autocomplete in Java returns wrong variable name
« Last post by rowbearto on November 30, 2018, 03:26:48 pm »
Look for autocomplete_issue.tar.gz on support.

Open the java file in there, search for "REPRODUCE" (line 2008). Follow instructions there to reproduce and observe the issue.

Autocomplete is returning the variable name with a trailing underscore (which is defined in a different class) instead of without the underscore at the end (which is a local variable).

This happens with a clean config and no project.

23.0.0.11, Linux x64, CentOS 7.2
« Last post by Dan on November 30, 2018, 03:15:24 pm »
I can't reproduce this.  I do see an issue that if the file is modified and you save it in the diff, it actually isn't stripping the trailing spaces (I'm not sure why), but I can't reproduce the problem you're reported (as I understood it).
« Last post by Dan on November 30, 2018, 02:58:52 pm »
I will look into this.
SlickEdit® / Re: Is anyone using SlickEdit to build/debug Xilinx Zynq apps?
« Last post by hs2 on November 30, 2018, 11:46:48 am »
It depends on your work resp. target environment. Using VS with to develop applications using a cross-toolchain/SDK is pretty straight forward maybe even including gdb(server) based target-debugging. Setting up a custom 'Debug' command launching a JTAG debugger is also not a big deal.
HS2
SlickEdit® / Files saved in DiffZilla not honoring "strip trailing spaces" setting
« Last post by JeffB on November 30, 2018, 12:16:33 am »
Open a file in DiffZilla (I used a git diff) that has trailing whitespaces on some lines.  Save the file, and all the eol whitespaces will have been removed.  "Strip trailing spaces" setting is set to "Strip trailing spaces only from modified lines".  Saving from editor works correctly.
(v23 with cumulative1 hotfix)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]