Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Crash in 22.0.0.8
« Last post by rowbearto on Today at 10:55:18 pm »
I uploaded the build log that was going on when it crashed - good thinking. Maybe you can reproduce the issue by doing "cat log" and see if the error parsing crashes? I save the output of all my builds to logfiles, and I also have the logs from all the builds before this if you are interested. I've done this long build many times before, and the other instance was a very similar one, so SE has handled it before. Good thinking to ask for this.

If you still can't reproduce, I do have some custom error parsers defined, so we can try that if you can't reproduce.
SlickEdit® / Re: No Objects in Class Window Pane
« Last post by dfechser on Today at 10:48:25 pm »
... Found it ... it is turned on.
« Last post by dfechser on Today at 10:47:40 pm »
I land on the same file with all file tabs the same as my previous entry.

I don't know where "Auto Restore Workspace Files" is so I can't check it. :-)
« Last post by Dennis on Today at 10:32:23 pm »
When you switch projects, are you landing in the same source file or a different one?

Do you have Auto Restore workspace files turned off?
« Last post by dfechser on Today at 10:16:52 pm »
A typo in my last entry. The limit is set to 1000, not `000.
« Last post by Dennis on Today at 09:44:45 pm »
It might also be helpful to see the error output from the long build (if at all possible).  The crash could be related to error parsing and/or populating the Message List tool window.
I have Alt+Shift+9 bound to the surround-with-paren command. It works fine in .cpp files, but does not work in .txt or .py files. I get the following error: "no surround-with templates found starting with 'paren'"

How do I get that command to work for file types other than .cpp?

Features and/or Improvements / Re: Turn off spell check
« Last post by dynoman on Today at 08:33:47 pm »
The description (down at the bottom of the humongous GUI) for Auto-Complete says that it offers suggestions for: "syntax, keywords, symbols, and lines of code".

As I don't consider a comment line any of those (comments aren't "code"), it didn't dawn on me that tag files and the symbol-lookup would be "helping me" :-) write comments. Although that is alluded to in the Help for Word Completion. I've turned that one Word Completion feature off and will now find out how that changes other auto-completion tasks.

Thanks!

s
« Last post by rowbearto on Today at 08:11:59 pm »
nohup /home/rbresali/pen/slickedit/se_latest_64/bin/vs -st 0 -sc /home/rbresali/pen/slickedit/config  >> ~/logs/se.log 2>&1 &
nohup /home/rbresali/pen/slickedit/se_latest_64/bin/vs -st 0 -sc /home/rbresali/pen/slickedit/config +new >> ~/logs/se.log 2>&1 &
Features and/or Improvements / Re: Turn off spell check
« Last post by Dennis on Today at 08:11:37 pm »
What you are seeing is auto-complete for word completion. 

Document > [lang] Options... > Auto-Complete > [ ] Word completion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10