Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: v28.0.2 crashed when I was using browse respository window.
« Last post by ahkevin on April 12, 2024, 04:06:05 AM »
It has improved. But it still crashes under some conditions.

If there is another installer, please email me or put it on Onedrive because I can't access Dropbox.
SlickEdit® / Re: v28.0.2 crashed when I was using browse respository window.
« Last post by Clark on April 12, 2024, 12:28:37 AM »
Please try this installer to fix the git repository browser crash you ran into:

Download from here: se_28000200_win64-2024-04-09.msi

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/m97ry01qm7mmkav6t7fix/h?rlkey=g3zpq3kk236udh9byubbeniuc&dl=0

You will need to uninstall your current installation for 28.0.2 before installing.

If it crashes, please post another minidump.
SlickEdit® / Re: Search mini gui
« Last post by Clark on April 11, 2024, 07:52:57 PM »
We will look into to this for a future release. A "File types" field would be nice.
SlickEdit® / Re: Search mini gui
« Last post by joecar on April 11, 2024, 07:00:25 PM »
Clarification: for example, I want to search only in .py files in the current workspace.
SlickEdit® / Search mini gui
« Last post by joecar on April 11, 2024, 06:30:25 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible for the Search mini gui to include a way of specifying which files or dirs to look in (i.e. similar to Find In Files)?

Thanks.
SlickEdit® / vs has a background progress after quitting.
« Last post by ahkevin on April 11, 2024, 08:45:47 AM »
This is an incredibly annoying issue that I have found in several versions(maybe since v25).

Recently, I studied a reproduction method.

1.  build a big project with many source files.
2.  quit VS when it runs tagging.
3.  a background process generated automatically.
4.  ANNOYING ISSUE: when open the project again, the whole project is in abnormal, like not coloring and tagging.
That works!  :)
SlickEdit® / Re: Is there a way to tell SlickEdit never to load files as projects?
« Last post by Clark on April 10, 2024, 09:27:45 PM »
There is already a way to do this. Set the environment variable VSLICK to "-fn".  You can add other command line options to VSLICK too. "-fn" has some special handling to make sure it works right.

It had to be done this way because the command line switches are processed before any configuration information. There's a command line switch to specify where the configuration data is (-sc).
SlickEdit® / Re: Is there a way to tell SlickEdit never to load files as projects?
« Last post by Clark on April 10, 2024, 09:05:41 PM »
There isn't a way to do this. I like this idea a lot. I get burned when I manually edit .vpw and .vpj files but I'm definitely not the typical user. I'll see if this is possible. My only worry is that some feature relies on it.

Use "vs.exe -fn cargo.toml" to bypass this (not -e).
SlickEdit® / Is there a way to tell SlickEdit never to load files as projects?
« Last post by spongyryno on April 10, 2024, 08:09:44 PM »
I frequently need to edit Cargo.toml files, and so I open them with:

Code: [Select]
vs.exe cargo.toml

Unfortunately, this closes all of the documents I was working on, and creates a bunch of annoying extra files:

• Cargo.vpj
  • Cargo.vpw
  • Cargo.vpwhistxml
  • Cargo.vtg

I know I can simply do:

Code: [Select]
vs.exe -e cargo.toml

...but I always forget, and by the time I hit <ENTER> it's too late... I now have to close the project, re-load the files I want, and delete all the extra files.

Is there any way to tell SlickEdit I *never* want to load a file as a project?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10