Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
21
Look for dynamic_surround_autocomplete.tar.gz on support.

Follow instructions in the README file and the code comments.

I'm using RC1, Linux x64, CentOS 7.2.
22
This is fixed in RC2. 
23
Glad you found this one. Thanks for the perfect sample.

Fixed for RC2
24
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: push-tag-filter-overloads not working in Java
« Last post by Dennis on October 17, 2018, 06:03:20 pm »
Fixed.  Should be in RC2.
25
Excellent! I'm thinking of switching to Java 11 in next few months, did you also test with Java 11 (and also 9 and 10)?
26
General Programming / Re: Ending Macros When String Not Found
« Last post by DRauch on October 17, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
That'll do it! Perhaps my attempts before posting would have worked too if I knew to properly load the macro.

Thank you very much.
27
General Programming / Re: Ending Macros When String Not Found
« Last post by Dan on October 17, 2018, 04:54:51 pm »
While you have it open, go to Macro>Load Module... and then select the file this is in.
28
General Programming / Re: Ending Macros When String Not Found
« Last post by DRauch on October 17, 2018, 04:53:16 pm »
Pretty sure... I saved the macro, closed it, and then attempted to edit the macro again to see that the changes had been saved... here is what I see when going back to edit:
Code: [Select]
#include "slick.sh"

_command void RemoveHeaders() name_info(','VSARG2_MACRO|VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_REQUIRES_MDI_EDITORCTL)
{
   status := search('PAGE  ','I>');
   if (status) return;

   _deselect();
   cursor_up();
   begin_line_text_toggle();
   deselect();
   _select_char('','E');
   cursor_down(5);
   select_it('CHAR','','E');
   delete_selection();
}
29
General Programming / Re: Ending Macros When String Not Found
« Last post by Dan on October 17, 2018, 04:45:13 pm »
Hm, are you sure you reloaded it?  When I test here after it finds the last instance, it returns and does not delete lines.
30
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: Bad crash with search
« Last post by jporkkahtc on October 17, 2018, 04:42:14 pm »
So 64bit windows allows a 64bit process to allocate much more than 4GB - I've done this before.
Given your challenge, I of course tried it on my work PC with VS 2015.
Lo and behold, I couldn't get a 64bit program to allocate more than about 0xe0000000 (even allocating many smallish blocks).

Weird --- but I figure it must be some compiler option. (I dug around a bit but it wasn't obvious to me what option this might be).

I've now tried at home using VS2017 Community edition -- and as I believed, I've no problem allocating a single 8GB block, or many smaller blocks -- same source code.

On my machine with 16GB of ram, I can successfully do a HeapAlloc(8GB), and I can allocate a total of 25GB in smaller blocks.


WRT memory behaviors:
On Windows, if memory allocation succeeds, the system has guaranteed that you can access the amount of memory requested.
It backs this promise up with some combination of physical memory and virtual memory.
If your PC has 2GB of ram, and a pagefile of 4GB, then your 64 bit process can allocate somewhere near 6GB (less whatever system overhead).


On Linux, malloc() only fails once your process runs out of *address* space.
If your PC has 2GB of ram, and a pagefile of 4GB, then your 64 bit process is not limited to allocating only 6GB.
It can allocate 32 GB.
The problem comes when it tries to actually access it -- if you access more memory than the system can back with physical+pagefile, then your process will be terminated immediately (no chance for error recovery).
There are probably ways to modify this behavior, but this is the default.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10