Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Smart open slow and blocking when workspace has huge number of files
« Last post by Clark on December 04, 2021, 10:33:49 pm »
I created a project with 67,000 files (Qt 5 source) and tested with a debug build to slow my machine down. No luck reproducing this. I'm going to need something more specific. Maybe you can download an open source project and reproduce this. This might be specific to something in your project.

I do get some 1-1.5 second delays.
SlickEdit® / Re: dark mode : scroll bar are difficult to spot
« Last post by Graeme on December 03, 2021, 10:33:37 pm »
vis studio dark theme looks like this - attached.  When the mouse cursor lands on the moveable scrollbar it changes to an even lighter colour.
SlickEdit® / Re: Windows SE26 vsdiff does not work with start /wait
« Last post by jporkkahtc on December 03, 2021, 09:36:16 pm »
The difference is V25, VSDiff.exe would launch VS.exe, and VSDiff.exe stays running.

In V26, VSDiff.exe launches VS.exe, then VSDiff.exe terminates right away - so there is no way for a script or anything to wait for the real VSDiff to end.
SlickEdit® / MAC OS Monterey SlickEdit Performance
« Last post by rajkej on December 03, 2021, 08:37:39 pm »
I updated to MAC OS Monterey a few days ago and SlickEdit performance has been very laggy. Much slower response time than I'm used to. I've seen this with both SE2020 and SE2021. Are others having this issue? Any work-arounds or parameter adjustments I could make? It seems that anything that draws new windows is painfully slow (I keybind the find dialog and it seems to take >1.5sec to draw it each time). I have 5k retina iMac and have left the settings for SlickEdit the same for a while. The SE Mac Retina Display is in auto detect and the macOS faster editor scrolling is turned on.
Features and/or Improvements / Options: Search - colors
« Last post by jporkkahtc on December 03, 2021, 08:32:23 pm »
Matched items in the right-side part of Options get highlighted Blue when they match the search string.

Selected items are also blue.

#1: It would be nice if search match items where a more distinct color to avoid confusing me between search matched and selected items.

#2: Highlighting non-list controls on search matches would be nice too. Matches on a page like
Tools > Options > Languages > Application Languages > C# > Auto-Complete
Do not get highlighted and can be hard to pick out due to their complexity.
Features and/or Improvements / Options: Search, highlight
« Last post by jporkkahtc on December 03, 2021, 08:25:57 pm »
In Tools->Options: Instead of pruning the Options tree based on the search, just highlight the matched items in the tree. (Highlight the items that are currently left visible after pruning).

This doesn't even need to change what parts of the tree are expanded - as long as each parent item in the tree is also highlighted.

For example, search for "Color".
The following elements in the tree would be highlighted, not just "Color Coding"
Code: [Select]
Languages
    Application Languages
        C#
            Color Coding

The highlighting should be a bit more than the Bold that tree items get when the tree item itself matches (e.g. currently "Color Coding" is bold, but "C#" is not).
I don't have any wildcards.

Maybe you can try with a huge project like the linux kernel? And don't use wildcards.

I don't remember this stalling in old releases, I think I would have remembered it. So I suspect some change in v26.
SlickEdit® / Re: Smart open slow and blocking when workspace has huge number of files
« Last post by Clark on December 03, 2021, 07:03:43 pm »
Smart open isn't threaded and never has been. It uses similar code to the Files tool window but has to search more lists (files in current directory, buffers, etc.).

Does your project have any wildcards? Just wondering what type of test case I'll need to create.
SlickEdit® / Re: Segmentation Fault on 26.0.0.6 special load
« Last post by SlickEdit Support on December 03, 2021, 05:06:37 pm »
Got it!
SlickEdit® / Segmentation Fault on 26.0.0.6 special load
« Last post by rowbearto on December 03, 2021, 04:24:17 pm »
I got a segmentation fault on the installer that Clark gave me in this message:

https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,18611.msg73734.html#msg73734

I sent email to sstamp with a link to download the 500MB crash dump and supporting files.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10