Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: core dump Sep 20 2018 beta4
« Last post by rowbearto on Today at 02:14:16 am »
Look for core180920.tar.xz on support for the build logs.

My build logs contain not just the build that had the error, but also many builds before and after. But I have 2 build logs that were getting appended to, I was going back and forth between them (2 different versions of same code, different directories and different branches of the code). Each time I do a new build the build toolwindow (process buffer) is cleared, but the logfiles are appended for each new build.

The timestamp of the core dump is Sep 20 at 16:06

The 2 files in the tarball and build_full.log and build_full2.log.

You can search for when each build started/stopped by doing regular expression search, find in files of these 2 files with this regex:

Starting\(|Stopping\(

So you will find in the search results for build2.log:

294550 1:Starting(Thu Sep 20 16:06:33 2018):  ...
  294586 1:Stopping(Thu Sep 20 16:06:34 2018):  ...

So between lines 294550-294586 is the particular build where the core dump occurred.

You can get a history of builds before that by looking at the timestamps of these 2 files.

From these build logs, it doesn't show my replay of it, but I'm not sure I append the replays to the full build log, but I'm pretty sure I did replay it, you just don't see it in the logs.

There was another build going on during the same time interval in build_full.log, but that build was occurring outside of SE and running in the background, so not every build in these files is done in SE. Currently I have no way of knowing which ones were done in and not in SE - I should probably make a way to distinguish that in the logs for the future.

Another thing that may be important, my process buffer was sshed into a build server at the time I started it, so it had a bash prompt on a different machine where SE was running on.
Reproduced. Looking into this
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: core dump Sep 20 2018 beta4
« Last post by patrick on September 20, 2018, 09:30:13 pm »
Looking at it.  Did you save the build log?  I know it didn't reproduce when you played it, but it still might help figure out how we got to the state the core shows.
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / core dump Sep 20 2018 beta4
« Last post by rowbearto on September 20, 2018, 08:46:28 pm »
got another core dump today. Did a build with a clang fixit and then core was triggered. But when I replayed the build log after relaunching, it did not happen again.

Look for core_180920.txt on support for instructions on downloading the core dump.

beta4, linux x64, centos 7.2
SlickEdit® / Re: Trying to open multiple files per window
« Last post by jeff.campbell on September 20, 2018, 08:28:07 pm »
Well, that fixed it.  I can't say the way the option is named makes sense, but that was the issue.  Thanks!
SlickEdit® / Re: Trying to open multiple files per window
« Last post by davehohl on September 20, 2018, 07:58:16 pm »
If you change the "Files per window" setting to "One file per window" you should get a set of tabs that allow you to switch among files. Also, if you want to see multiple files at once, you can use the "Window" menu bar item and choose among options to great a new tab group in various locations, or to split a window.
SlickEdit® / Re: Building Ada from SE
« Last post by Clark on September 20, 2018, 03:58:43 pm »
Looks like the gnat tool chain changed. Makes this project template pretty useless.

We will look into this and see if we can make a project template that works. I can't say if we will get this done in time for the v23 release without knowing the difficulty level.
Features and/or Improvements / Re: allow forking a buffer
« Last post by Dennis on September 20, 2018, 02:15:59 pm »
This won't give you the fork in a temp buffer, but in this scenario, I generally use File > Save Copy As... and put it in a temp directory.

You could easily record a fork() macro.  Select all, copy, open temp file, paste
SlickEdit® / Trying to open multiple files per window
« Last post by jeff.campbell on September 20, 2018, 01:01:21 pm »
Hello,

I recently upgraded to 2017 Pro, and lost a bunch of settings and preferences. Most importantly, I've lost the ability to have multiple files open in a window.  Opening a file now replaces the one I have open instead of opening a second file tab.

Under Editing -> Editor Windows, I've set "Files per window" to "Multiple files share window."  What else am I missing to have multiple files open at a time?
Community Forum / Re: Find In Files Behavior
« Last post by VinMike on September 20, 2018, 08:13:05 am »
Hello,
I am vin mike, my passion is to design the cakes. Birthdays are the special day of everyone's life make more special with a cake. Get the  Birthday cake home delivery in calgary now!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10