Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Nested struct type...
« Last post by joecar on Today at 12:20:31 am »
Yes, the code I'm working on is in the linux kernel (C11 with GNU extensions).

Thanks.
SlickEdit® / Re: Control behaviour of delete-line operation
« Last post by Graeme on January 22, 2018, 10:43:58 pm »
You can use a simple macro.  Copy it into e.g. mymacros.e and load it using the load command in the macro menu.

Code: [Select]
#include "slick.sh"
_command my_delete_line() name_info(','VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_REQUIRES_EDITORCTL)
{
   _macro('R',1);
   deselect();
   if ( down() ) {
      // we're on the last line
      replace_line('');
      return 0;
   }
   up();
   delete_line();
}

SlickEdit® / Re: "Bufffers-List" across separate SE invocations
« Last post by Graeme on January 22, 2018, 10:14:43 pm »
In tools -> options, type "restore" (no quotes) in the search box.  Click on "auto restore".  Uncheck "auto restore files".  Click the help button for more information.
SlickEdit® / "Bufffers-List" across separate SE invocations
« Last post by rjflory on January 22, 2018, 09:35:56 pm »
I have used SE to open 10 files in one directory, then closed that single instance of SE.
If from a different directory, I open a single file from this different directory, the "Buffers-List" shows all 10 files from the first invocation along with the new file.  This is most confusing.
These operations appear to be additive, so I now in fact have many dozens of files stuck in my "Buffers-List".

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to make SE keep buffer lists for each invocation separate.  i.e., the second invocation above should display a "Buffers-List" containing only the single file that was just opened.  Most editors keep their buffers-list separated based upon invocation-directory (allowing separate buffers/history for many projects/directories).  It seems SE default behavior is to use a single global list?

ron
SlickEdit® / Control behaviour of delete-line operation
« Last post by rjflory on January 22, 2018, 09:17:56 pm »
Am using BRIEF emulation, but assume this is the same for other mappings.

By default, each time I press delete-line (gray-minus), the current line is deleted.  When I reach End-Of-File, the cursor is moved up to the previous line, and that line is deleted.  This can continue until the entire file is deleted (empty).

I would much prefer the normal Brief/Crisp operation, where delete-line will delete only the current line, and lines BELOW the current line.  If one deletes into EOF, the cursor will remain at EOF, and NOT moved up to the previous line.

I have searched the forum and SE config items, but have not come across a control for this behaviour (yet).  Hopefully this is really simple.

ron
It should.
Excellent! Thanks Dan! Does the hotfix fix both issues?
In the projects tool I should be able to right-click on any tree node and do "Search from here".
This would open the FIF dialog populated correctly to search from that node recursively.

At least when in Directory View, but ideally this would work in any of the views.

This should also work in "Open" - in the folder tree view.
This will be fixed for the next hotfix.
SlickEdit® / Re: v22 memory leak?
« Last post by JeffB on January 22, 2018, 05:38:08 pm »
FYI...
The leak seems to be gone for me.  I have noticed unusual delays and extreme lapses in response, but I'm not sure if that's related only to Python files or not.

Jeff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10