Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Preserve Search highlighting across buffers
« Last post by jporkkahtc on January 17, 2019, 09:47:42 pm »
Symhighlights allows you to highlight any text.
It will highlight either the selected text, or the word under the cursor.
You can have any number of highlights.

The most recent macros are here:  https://github.com/jporkka/slickMacros.git

https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,11445.0.html
SlickEdit® / Preserve Search highlighting across buffers
« Last post by davew on January 17, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »
This has bugged me for a while and I'm hoping that I just haven't found the right option.
I'm using vim emulation on Windows.

When I search with '/' I have it set up to highlight all of the search results (Vim option "Always highlight search results"). This makes it easy to see all of the occurrences of the string in a buffer as I scroll through.
However, when I move to a new buffer, the string is not highlighted. When I use find next, it highlights the next occurrence of that string in the buffer, but nothing else. I have to enter the string again to get it to highlight everything in the new buffer. Then when I switch back to the original buffer, the highlighting has been removed.

Is there some way to make the highlighting persistent until I search for something else?
Slick-C® Macro Programming / Re: Persistent variable
« Last post by Dan on January 17, 2019, 11:04:22 am »
If you pass a retrieve_name to textBoxDialog(), along with the TB_RETRIEVE_INIT flag, then you can take advantage of dialog box retrieval to do the heavy lifting for you.  In fact, this will allow you to use F7/F8 to flip through previous results you input:

Code: [Select]
   result := textBoxDialog("I have a question",     // Form caption
                                        TB_RETRIEVE_INIT,             // Flags
                                        0,             // Use default textbox width
                                        "",            // Help item
                                        "42,Cancel",            // Buttons and captions
                                        "the_answer_to_life_the_universe_and_everything", // Retrieve Name
                                        "What is the answer:");
I think this is the best solution.  They are prompted every time but will generally just hit enter after the first time because the answer is the same.

Dennis gets a hero point, not for the idea, but for the Hitchhiker's Guide reference.
SlickEdit® / Template Editing
« Last post by yakir on January 17, 2019, 10:10:19 am »
When trying to edit a template I receive error warning:
"Unable to save template item. Access denied"
What needs to be done in configuration or otherwise to overcome this?

SlickEdit v23.0.0.11

Thanks
« Last post by Dennis on January 16, 2019, 09:50:00 pm »
It is stored in vrestore.slk.  Also, we are looking at adding dialog retrieval support to parameterized alias expansion, so for a case like the OP's request, you wouldn't need to write any code at all.
« Last post by Graeme on January 16, 2019, 09:43:28 pm »
ok, do you know if the information persists through an upgrade?
Ah, didn't know the termination had to be the same character. Thanks!
« Last post by Dennis on January 16, 2019, 03:50:31 pm »
If you pass a retrieve_name to textBoxDialog(), along with the TB_RETRIEVE_INIT flag, then you can take advantage of dialog box retrieval to do the heavy lifting for you.  In fact, this will allow you to use F7/F8 to flip through previous results you input:

Code: [Select]
   result := textBoxDialog("I have a question",     // Form caption
                                        TB_RETRIEVE_INIT,             // Flags
                                        0,             // Use default textbox width
                                        "",            // Help item
                                        "42,Cancel",            // Buttons and captions
                                        "the_answer_to_life_the_universe_and_everything", // Retrieve Name
                                        "What is the answer:");
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / SE didn't break on Breakpoint in fork'ed' code ?
« Last post by jmfrouin on January 16, 2019, 03:25:59 pm »
Hi,
I have some code executed after a pid = fork(), and SE didn't seems to break on it.
If the same code is call in main thread pid == 0, SE catch the breakpoint.
I probably made something wrong, but what  ???
Thanks for your help
SlickEdit® / Re: About the display of References' Bookmarks
« Last post by Dennis on January 16, 2019, 03:07:13 pm »
There are many ways, if you are done with the references results, you can use pop-bookmark (Ctrl+,) to back out from the References search.  Or you can click on the X on the References tool window to close the top-most item on the stack.  Finally, there is an option to not show bitmaps in the margin for references (Tools > Options > Editing > Context Tagging(R) > References > "Show bitmap in margin for each reference"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10