Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: pop-bookmark switching splitter windows
« Last post by Graeme on January 19, 2018, 11:22:46 am »
I can't reproduce this using V22.0.0.  Does it go wrong every single time with all files and projects?  Are the windows floating or docked  - I tried both.

You could try a new empty configuration folder  - start slick with VS.EXE +new -sc c:\some-new-empty-folder   -  if it's ok then migrate your settings.
2. Right click on a file in the upper part of the window and select Copy.

When I try this on Linux Mint 18.2 with SE Pro 2017 22.0.0.4 x64, I get a dialog box asking me to enter a directory to copy the file to.  And if I have copied a file to the clipboard using the system's file browser, I don't get a "Paste" option when I right click in that SE Window.

Did the clipboard operations get removed from that right-click menu in SE 2017?
SlickEdit® / pop-bookmark switching splitter windows
« Last post by microvu on January 18, 2018, 10:58:38 pm »
Hi all,
I did a search and couldn't find anything about this.
- I have a file open and split into two windows, for moving/redoing code from another part of the file.
- I do a push-tag to see a function definition, which opens in the same window.
- I do a pop-bookmark, which places the cursor in the other window and goes back the original location.
This causes me to have to realign the windows. Is there a way around this? It's so ingrained it hits me often.
Version 22.0.1.0 x64 Windows C/C++
Thanks
SlickEdit® / Re: switch and { formatting
« Last post by JimmieC on January 18, 2018, 02:28:59 pm »
SE fights me on switch\case as well. I have posted about it before. I would like an option to turn off formatting for switch\case only.
Slick-C® Macro Programming / Re: Q: How to execute an URI from a macro?
« Last post by Bamsen on January 18, 2018, 01:43:32 pm »
I checked the WebHelp.e file and found goto_url and that solved my problem. :)
Slick-C® Macro Programming / Q: How to execute an URI from a macro?
« Last post by Bamsen on January 18, 2018, 09:44:02 am »
When I ctrl+Click an URL in the editor it executes it. (Follow the link)
How can I do this in a Slick-C macro?
---
Morten A. Steien
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit on MacOS
« Last post by Clark on January 17, 2018, 10:35:07 pm »
This isn't hot fixable. 22.0.2 will definitely fix this and will be available in about 2-3 weeks.

In the mean time, you'll need to run the diff from inside SlickEdit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit on MacOS
« Last post by gary_ferland on January 17, 2018, 08:38:50 pm »
the new version did seem to install and slickedit itself launches.  But vsdiff from the command prompt has regressed, I get this error

Pro15 data:vsdiff Badnell_DR_17.txt badnell_dr.dat
Pro15 data:2018-01-17 15:33:27.697 vs[93595:23155721] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:

Then nothing else.  No window launches.

I had set the path to the app in .bashrc, so

Pro15 data:which vsdiff
/Applications/SlickEditPro2017.app/Contents/MacOS/vsdiff

The OS is a fully patched current macOS running on a MacBook Pro mid 2015.
SlickEdit® / Re: switch and { formatting
« Last post by Clark on January 17, 2018, 06:25:04 pm »
Have you tweaked your Formatting settings (I assume for C++)? Brace Style for switch needs to be "Next Line". Indent>Indent Rule Exceptions: set case statement "indent" to 2 and "indent width" to 2. You may want Syntax Indent set to 2 to match your case statement indent but that depends on your coding style.

If you've already corrected your formatting settings and you are having problems, please post your user.cfg.xml from your config directory and indicate what language type you are editing so we don't have to guess.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10