Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: How to hide window tabs??
« Last post by Graeme on July 11, 2018, 12:43:04 am »
The window tabs take up almost 10% of my screen, is there a way to hide/remove these? See attached image, I think the C:\xampp\htdocs\spectrum2\app.js is really no needed to be shown oh 8 or so times and take up so much screen real estate.
Is there a way to turn off all this 'help'?

You can use the zoom-window command to zoom in on the windows and the tabs won't show up (I do this).  If you don't have it bound to a key you can use Zoom Toggle on the Window menu.

That doesn't help.  When there's only one window, the space taken by the tabs isn't as significant as when there's lots of windows.

[Edit] well, on second thoughts, it helps in that it lets you zoom to one window and unzoom back to multi-windows but it doesn't help with the amount of space taken up when you have multiple windows.  Personally I don't know why anyone would ever want more than two windows but I know some people do.
Slick-C® Macro Programming / Re: Equivalent of linux 'tr' command
« Last post by jporkkahtc on July 10, 2018, 11:42:15 pm »
Slick regular expressions can do this, but it is tricky to type in the expressions manually.
I have a macro that given a translation table, it constructs the regex for you.
First, create a block of text like this:

abc==>def
    123==>576

Select those lines of text and call translateTerms.
This will populate the find-replace dialog with a Perl RE to replace all those terms on the left with those on the right.
The find&replace dialog is populated with:
    Find: "(abc)|(123)"
    Replace: "$(<1>def|<2>576)"

https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,15187.msg57663.html#msg57663
SlickEdit® / Re: vtg not retained in profile
« Last post by Dennis on July 10, 2018, 09:11:51 pm »
There was a fix relating to this in a recent hot fix, do you have the latest hot fixes for 22.0.2 ?
SlickEdit® / vtg not retained in profile
« Last post by bbcorp on July 10, 2018, 06:21:21 pm »
I am a long time user of SlickEdit with a new problem.
I have recently re-installed SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.2.1 64-bit) to a new desktop running Windows 10 Home.
SlickEdit is being used with a C code project.

I have successfully created a new C/C++ tag file.
I see the newly tagged files in the File list: pane of the Context Tagging window.  I see the tag file in the Tag files: list pane of the Context Tagging window.  The .vtg file is created and saved in C:\Users\User\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\22.0.2\tagfiles

If I select "Done", the Context Tagging window closes.
If I return to the Context Tagging window, the Tag file is not listed in the pane.  I can re-add it via Add Tag File... but it will never save.

What causes this problem?
Slick-C® Macro Programming / Equivalent of linux 'tr' command
« Last post by Robertre on July 10, 2018, 03:28:57 pm »
Is there a function already built into VS that will effectively do for me what the Linux 'tr' command does? Basically, I have a file with a lot of character sequences (such as '%20') that I'd like to translate directly to other characters (such as ' ' in the case of '%20'). Ideally I'd like to pass two same sized arrays and say have at it. My current approach is to just keep going back to the top of the file or selection and do search and replace over and over again.
I know I could write this pretty easily, but if it's already there, I'd rather use it.
Thanks,
-Rob
SlickEdit® / Re: Directory selector sort order incorrect
« Last post by Dan on July 10, 2018, 02:02:54 pm »
I changed the caption for this dialog so it makes a little more sense.
« Last post by Dan on July 10, 2018, 02:01:50 pm »
The window tabs take up almost 10% of my screen, is there a way to hide/remove these? See attached image, I think the C:\xampp\htdocs\spectrum2\app.js is really no needed to be shown oh 8 or so times and take up so much screen real estate.
Is there a way to turn off all this 'help'?

You can use the zoom-window command to zoom in on the windows and the tabs won't show up (I do this).  If you don't have it bound to a key you can use Zoom Toggle on the Window menu.
You might want to try the "Preview All..." option.  In addition to allowing you to step through each change, file by file, you can cancel any time, and even if you hit "Save All", you can still use Multi-file Undo to revert the changes.
« Last post by jporkkahtc on July 09, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »
There is also View->FullScreen.
Doesn't get rid of tabs, but gets rid of the rest of the stuff (title bar, tool windows, optionally the menu bar as well).
Features and/or Improvements / Re: Search & Replace preview...
« Last post by jporkkahtc on July 09, 2018, 03:08:19 pm »
Cool ... I implemented the 2nd option, expanding the replace preview.
Its crude, but mostly works (with a solid 90 seconds of testing  ;D).

In "_showReplaceToolTip"

Code: [Select]
   // Ideally, instead of hard-coding "3", this would insert
   // spaces enough to reach the 1st display column (handling horizontal scroll position).
   // "3" works in the usual case, but it can bump up against the left edge of the display
   // and cause the tooltip to be positioned incorrectly.
   int x = p_cursor_x - p_font_width * 3;
   int y = p_cursor_y + p_font_height;
   _map_xy(p_window_id, 0, x, y);
   _str new_text = "   " expand_tabs(get_replace_text(replace_string)) "   ";
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10