Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion / Re: b4: No backups of files
« Last post by Dan on October 15, 2018, 04:43:10 pm »
Reproduced.  Interesting.  Thanks for the detailed set of steps.
« Last post by Dan on October 15, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
2) Cancel config wizard, open options, and change the following Backup options
  -- set Backup directory path to a directory under my Windows TMP dir

I don't think this is probably the problem, but I don't think it's a very good idea.  I'm not sure if Windows clears any of this out on it's own.
« Last post by jnairb on October 15, 2018, 04:30:06 pm »
Installed RC1 and verified the problem still occurs.
- Deleted test 23.0.0 config directory, started RC1 to allow it to upgrade the test 22.0.2 config, opened same test file, modified, and saved. No update to version history until I turn Limit size on and back off.
« Last post by jnairb on October 15, 2018, 04:12:37 pm »
I just reproduced it with the following steps. I don't know if each of the steps is necessary, but it's just what I attempted in my first reproduce attempt:

1) Start SlickEdit 22.0.2 with new configuration (vs +new -sc junk)
2) Cancel config wizard, open options, and change the following Backup options
  -- set Backup directory path to a directory under my Windows TMP dir
  -- set Number of backups to keep for each file to 20
  -- set Limit size of backup to off
3) Open Backup History tool window
4) Create a new file, enter some text, and save (Ctrl-S)
5) Repeat 20 times -- modify file, and resave. At the end I had versions 20 through 1 in the backup history.
6) Close the file, then close SlickEdit.
7) Start beta 6 (haven't installed rc1 yet) with the same new config directory.
8) Open the test file, modify it and save.
At that point, I did not see an updated entry in the Backup History window.

9) Open Options, change Limit backup size to On, Apply, change back to Off, and select OK to save/dismiss options dialog.
10) Modify the test file one more time and save.
At this point, I now get version 21 in Backup History.

I'm running on Windows 10 Enterprise (x64). TMP dir and file I edited are on C: drive (NTFS).
SlickEdit® / Re: function pointer references incomplete
« Last post by Dennis on October 15, 2018, 03:16:55 pm »
@joecar:  I've reproduced this problem.  It looks like another ANSI-C / C++ inconsistency.  When I (incorrectly) tagged the source as C++, it found all the references, when I corrected that and tagged the source as ANSI-C, I got the same results you originally got.  I'm still investigating.

@LionelMay:  No, this was not fixed in v23.0.0.8.
Features and/or Improvements / Re: Undo doesn't work after diff
« Last post by Dan on October 15, 2018, 03:16:20 pm »
This happens in V21.0.3 as well as in beta 3.

Make a change to a buffer, right click on a file tab and select diff.  After the diff window opens, close it and do Ctrl-Z undo.  Slick moves the cursor to the bottom of the buffer and says "cursor movement undone".  Do ctrl-Z again and slick says "nothing to undo".

This feature has been added for 23.0.  I think it's in Beta 6, but it's definitely in RC 1.
« Last post by Dan on October 15, 2018, 03:14:37 pm »
Hm, we can't reproduce this here.  Clark and I both tried, and I tried with and without transferring configuration, and turning limit size on and off seems to behave.  I'm not sure what the difference could be.
Working with this project more, I discovered a few more issues with SlickEdit and Maven.

1) The template's "Execute" works fine for a very simple Maven project that does not use any imported libraries (libraries that are specified in pom.xml file). But as soon as I use an imported library, the template's classpath does not find the .class files for that library and I can't execute it.  These .class files are embedded in .jar files that maven downloads. For execution for projects like this, I found I had to change the project properties Execute line to something like this:

mvn -q exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=myproj.MyClass -Dexec.args="arg1 arg2 arg3"

2) As the execute line didn't work for using an imported library, I doubt the template's debug line would work either because it also would not find the .class files. And for debug looks like java needs to be executed with many special parameters in a debug mode. How to accomplish this for a maven project that uses an imported library?

3) Perhaps I should start another thread for this point, but how to perform tagging on the source code for imported libraries? Searching the forum I found feature requests for this, not sure if it was ever implemented. And while on the subject, how to tag the general Java libraries so I can have autocomplete for those?
Updated the maven template for RC2. 

I couldn't get a breakpoint to catch for that file either.  I'm looking in to it.
We'll take a look at the import for maven.  I'll check the breakpoint while I'm looking at it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10