Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Nested struct type...
« Last post by Dennis on January 17, 2018, 06:08:09 pm »
Do a Select Mode... > ANSI-C for that file (and any other GNU C kernel header file with similar problems).

You could also use Tools > Options > Languages > Advanced File Mappings to map ".h" files in the directory containing your GNU C kernel headers files to ANSI-C Language mode.

« Last post by joecar on January 17, 2018, 06:04:17 pm »
I'm using GNU C, so I had set this workspace/project to C/C++.

When I set the document mode to ANSI-C, the unknown highlighting stops.

This is a linux kernel driver (and kernel allows various GCC C extensions), so which mode should I be using...?

Thanks.
« Last post by Dennis on January 17, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »
As far as I can see, that looks correct for C++.  Is this ANSI-C header file?  What do you have the ".h" extension configured to parse as (C/C++ or ANSI-C)?  Does "qos_fcport_table_array" get colored correctly if you switch the language mode to ANSI-C (Document > Select Mode...)?
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit on MacOS
« Last post by SlickEdit Support on January 17, 2018, 03:34:13 pm »
Trial License extension emailed to you Gary.

Best,
SlickEdit Support
SlickEdit® / Re: SlickEdit on MacOS
« Last post by GaryFerland on January 17, 2018, 02:33:58 pm »
coming back to this. 

The 22.0.1 update fixes the directory issues with vsdiff?

Has the C++ debugger been tested on macOS?  The gdb provided with the software did not seem compatible with the gcc obtained via homebrew.  The leaves the LLVM provided by Apple with the command line tools.  The IDE will work with the lldb debugger provided by Apple?

My trial license ran out in December.  Can I get another trial license for this version?

thanks!
Gary
I wonder why posting to an archived read-only forum works.

I can't reproduce the problem on Windows 10.  Maybe it's a CentOS problem.  Do any other of your applications have this problem?
SlickEdit® / switch and { formatting
« Last post by eda on January 17, 2018, 07:10:25 am »
I am using version 22.0.. If I do

switch( x )
    {
       case

then slickedit keeps on moving my {. I do not want slickedit to move my carefully formatted { around. How do I stop it doing that.

SlickEdit® / Re: Should I have uninstalled before updating?
« Last post by miffed on January 16, 2018, 01:18:03 pm »
That sounds great -- thanks!
It might be helpful to add a FAQ or KB article, since this behavior is somewhat uncommon.
The only FAQ I found was "Does the Update Manager install my updates?", which says "Follow the directions in the SlickEdit Updates dialog...", but those directions don't say anything about this.
SlickEdit® / Re: Should I have uninstalled before updating?
« Last post by LBCEi on January 16, 2018, 04:12:20 am »
A lot of people like to be able to use the old version as they are transitioning to a new version, in case they find issues with the new one.

So, the old version is not replaced by the new version.  Settings are copied over to the new version. They can both be installed at the same time.

If you find that you are satisfied with the new version, you may uninstall the old version if you choose.
SlickEdit® / Should I have uninstalled before updating?
« Last post by miffed on January 16, 2018, 01:22:20 am »
I installed v22.0.0 earlier and now I installed v22.0.1.
I expected the new version to update the old version, but now both versions are installed.
Should I have uninstalled the old version before installing the new version?
What is the proper way to update?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10