Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SlickEdit® / Re: vsdiff broken
« Last post by sigmund on January 05, 2019, 11:05:03 am »
I also have problems with vsdiff from SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.11 32-bit), please see attachment diff_broken.png.

The source files old.js and new.js are attached.

It works fine with vsdiff from SlickEdit Pro 22.0.2, please see attachment diff_working.png.

I must say that in general I am not very happy with the diff quality of vsdiff:
  • it is non-deterministic in the sense that the same diff will be displayed differently depending on where in the file it occurs
  • it has no awareness of syntax, e.g. it will happily split a function with no changes if just a tiny part of a newly added function matches the start/end of the old function
  • it has poor understanding of changes in indentation
SlickEdit® / Re: Show status on file icons - Perforce
« Last post by Dan on January 04, 2019, 06:43:34 pm »
I will take a look at this.
SlickEdit® / Re: Show status on file icons - Perforce
« Last post by redwards on January 04, 2019, 06:22:57 pm »
No, I don't believe it is.
SlickEdit® / Re: Entering a backslash on a japanese keyboard on MacOS
« Last post by greggman on January 03, 2019, 01:14:37 am »
Thanks. That helps a little

Unfortunately it doesn't work when typing in the regular expression form where backslash is pretty important.

I wonder if there is something else I can do at an OS level
SlickEdit® / Re: Entering a backslash on a japanese keyboard on MacOS
« Last post by Dennis on January 02, 2019, 05:25:31 pm »
One technique would be to record a macro that does Edit > Insert Literal... > 92, and save the macro named something like "insert_backslash" and bind that to a key of your choice.
SlickEdit® / Re: autolist not working in C++11 loop when "auto" not used
« Last post by Dennis on January 02, 2019, 05:15:01 pm »
I will get your sample and try to reproduce the problem later today.
SlickEdit® / Using tab groups when navigating the source code
« Last post by asandler on January 02, 2019, 04:00:04 pm »
Is there any way to `push-tag` in a new tab group. I.e. when I navigate to a function, I would like to open the symbol in a new tag group.
Is there any way to control what tab group is used when navigating symbols? For example, if I have two tab groups, left and right. I am in a left tab group navigating to a symbol, and file with the symbol is already open in a right tab group, SE will switch to symbol in a right tab group. Can I make it open another buffer with the file in left tab group instead?

Thanks
SlickEdit® / Entering a backslash on a japanese keyboard on MacOS
« Last post by greggman on January 02, 2019, 04:42:55 am »
Sorry for the obscure issue but I can't figure out how to get Slickedit (SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.11)) to let me enter a backslash character on MacOS when using a Japanese keyboard.

Note that this is a known issue in general. A Japanese keyboard doesn't have a backslash key but it has a yen key which occupies the same codepoint in Shift-JIS left over from the 80s.

In any case the OS itself has options for this

As does the Google Japanese IME

But Slickedit is apparently going lower-level than these and so is still inserting the yen symbol unlike all the other apps.

Of course it would be great if you could fix this inside slickedit but is there some simple workaround I could use like some how going into the key bindings and assign ¥ to insert \?   There doesn't appear to be a way to do that in the keybindings UI but maybe a short script or something? As it is I end up having to type a / in the terminal and copy and paste into slickedit which is making it pretty hard to edit code 😅
SlickEdit® / Autocomplete not working properly in Java, 23.0.0.11
« Last post by rowbearto on January 02, 2019, 02:09:33 am »
Look for "autocompwrong.7z" on support.

In the .java file inside of it, search for "REPRODUCE" (line 42) and follow the instructions to reproduce.

It reproduces with 23.0.0.11, a clean config, hotfix 1 applied, and no java project needed. SE did tag my JDK 1.8.192. I'm using windows 7 x64.
Features and/or Improvements / rmate support
« Last post by jasonnet on December 31, 2018, 10:08:36 pm »
It can be quite nice to be able to be shelled in to a remote system and invoke

Code: [Select]
rmate myfile.cpp
or

Code: [Select]
rmate *.cpp
and have the files in my current directory of my remote Linux system appear in my local Windows text editor.   As far as I can tell, this capability is not included in SE and I don't see an easy way to hack that in to SE.   I see there is support for that in VSCode, (of course) Mate, and other editors.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]