Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
I think slick gets it "wrong" because in the file extension settings, html files have a default encoding of "auto html" so slick is probably expecting something like
<meta charset="UTF-8"/>
I suspect slick should be choosing UTF-8 when it can't find a setting for the encoding.

In the file extension manager you can force the encoding for all extensions to be UTF-8 no signature if you want but this is probably not a good idea.  If you set an encoding of "automatic" for all extensions and a default encoding of UTF-8 no signature in "File options -> Load", slick opens your html file as UTF-8 as you want.  I haven't checked what this does with a proper html file that is not UTF-8.
SlickEdit® / Re: Q: Find in files with a restriction on size?
« Last post by Bamsen on January 04, 2018, 06:32:09 am »
Many good suggestions.
Please add a feature request for size.

The files I want to exclude can have any name, but the files I want to find, all (almost) start with 6 digits.
So if I could specify \d{6}.*\.txt that would also be good.
So maybe you can add a feature request to allow regular expression for file names and directories to search.

File attached below, yes it's Japanese in utf-8

Help->About details. You mean this?

Code: [Select]
SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.1.0)

Serial number: FE10222
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: /Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/22/slickedit.lic

Build Date: December 17, 2017
Emulation: Brief

OS Version: 10.13.2
Processor Architecture: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4980HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 64 bit (8 cores)

Memory: 99% Load, 16368MB/16384MB Virtual
Shell Information: /Applications/SlickEditPro2017.app/Contents/MacOS/secsh -i
Screen Size: 1680 x 1050

Project Type: Cpp
Language: .html (HTML)
Encoding: Automatic

Installation Directory: /Applications/SlickEditPro2017.app/Contents/
Configuration Directory: /Users/gregg/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/22.0.1/
Migrated from: /Users/gregg/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/22.0.0/
Spill File: /tmp/$slk.gregg.75022
« Last post by Graeme on January 03, 2018, 11:52:18 pm »
You can use the file manager.  File -> file manager -> new file list  - or use the fileman command.  Enter the folder you want to search in.  Slick will create a buffer with a list of all the files.  Right click, select sort - select sort by size in the primary sort.  Untick secondary sort then tick it again to allow secondary sort criteria (looks like a bug?).  Use mouse click and drag, then press the delete key to delete files you don't want to search in.  Then right click, global find - then tick "global" unless you want the search to find one at a time.  Not sure which type of reg expression can be used  - probably slickedit type.  Once the list of files to search in is generated you can re-use it.  You could probably write a macro to do some of this.

SlickEdit® / Re: New scala sbt project hangs
« Last post by Glajan on January 03, 2018, 11:06:27 pm »
I had some strange file locking. Upgraded to Fedora 27 and now it works.
Is that Japanese?  Can you post the file that doesn't work?  Can you post your help -> about details?
Community Forum / Re: search not working
« Last post by Graeme on January 03, 2018, 09:14:01 pm »
Are you a real person?  If so, what is one hundred minus 23 times two?  (spammers post messages like yours sometimes.)
Try rebooting your PC.  What platform and version of slick are you using?  How do you initiate the search?
Does search work with an empty configuration folder before you import your configuration options?  If so, try selectively importing your config options until you find one that makes it go wrong.
« Last post by jporkkahtc on January 03, 2018, 06:53:24 pm »
You could also add those specific files by name in the exclusions list, not ideal but it could work if there are a small number of them.
SlickEdit® / Re: java, maven, dependecies
« Last post by jporkkahtc on January 03, 2018, 06:48:52 pm »
Sorry, I cannot share the code.
This is my first experience with Maven, or Slick integration on maven, so I don't even know how to debug the issue.

Is there some logging I can enable?
or settings to look at?
I noticed that the JavaOptions dialog isn't available for Maven projects like it is for normal Java projects - so there doesn't seem to be a way to set class path. Presumably, Maven manages classpath somehow and Slick should pick up on that, but in this case it isn't?
SlickEdit® / Re: Still having some difficulties with Google Go tagging in SE 22.0.1.
« Last post by Dennis on January 03, 2018, 05:50:52 pm »
Unfortunately, the problem can not be hot-fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]