Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: OVerView bar scrolling.
« Last post by Dennis on August 13, 2022, 10:06:41 pm »
There may be an off-by-one issue there.  Shift-click to scroll to a mark was more intended for scrolling to something that was previously off page.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: Scrollbar and Document Overview Bar
« Last post by Dennis on August 13, 2022, 10:04:04 pm »
Just a quick note.  I'll looking into all these scroll related questions next week (and beyond).  Thanks for all the feedback!
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Scroll %
« Last post by jporkkahtc on August 13, 2022, 12:42:11 am »
Tools > Options > Editing > Cursor Movement: Partial Page up/down percentage is off by a bit.

I've arranged to have a buffer exactly 100 lines high - this should be the easy case!
C:\Program Files\SlickEdit Pro 27.0.0 Beta1\macros\project.e
TopOfFileLine = off

Starting with 1st line visible==line 1.
Page% == 100%
PageDown: Line 1, 99, 197, 295, 393, ...

Page% == 10%
PageDown: Line 1, 10, 19, 28, 37, ...

Page% == 50%
PageDown: Line 1, 50, 99, 148, 197, ...
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: UI elements blackened out
« Last post by jporkkahtc on August 13, 2022, 12:06:27 am »
I've not really noticed problems due to remote access per se.
It is mostly about display scaling.
If any display changes from not scaled to scaled (or scaled to no scaled) this confuses Slickedit rendering - and you must restart slickedit to recover.

However, if Slickedit is in Darkmode, it seems to be fine.

So, try using dark mode -- does this fix you problem?
SlickEdit® / Re: "ghost" mode when coming back to SE via alt-tab
« Last post by Clark on August 12, 2022, 11:33:01 pm »
Here's a good guess for fixing this. Try turning off "Alt menu" (Tools>Options>Keyboard and Mouse>Advanced). I can't reproduce this but this is definitely worth a try.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: UI elements blackened out
« Last post by Clark on August 12, 2022, 11:25:31 pm »
Leaving SlickEdit running and switching between remote and local usage is problematic. You must restart.
« Last post by Graeme on August 12, 2022, 11:06:29 pm »
I was able to reproduce this once just now but I can't make it happen again.  When I hold down alt, the accelerator keys in the menu are underlined and they stay underlined when I come back to slick.  I notice that there is some kind of rapid flash in the video when the alt key goes down - there should be no flash I think.  If there is a bounce on the alt key when it goes down, when you come back to slick the focus is in the menu rather than in the edit window, or the focus is nowhere.

Try enabling "hide tool windows on loss of focus" if it's not already.  Under keyboard and mouse -> advanced, try changing the alt key options.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: Horizontal scrolling defs
« Last post by Dan on August 12, 2022, 10:29:41 pm »
I'll be looking into this.
SlickEdit 2022 v27 Beta Discussion / Re: PowerShell String quoting problem
« Last post by Clark on August 12, 2022, 10:09:15 pm »
Even they know they really messed this up. Thanks for the link.
« Last post by Clark on August 12, 2022, 10:06:37 pm »
I am unable to reproduce this with a default config or your config which I shouldn't need because you say you can reproduce this with a default config. I've tested on two different windows machines (a slow laptop and a fast desktop). Also tried multiple monitors to see if that made a difference.  Do you have another Windows machine you can try? This could be due to some driver, added software, Windows version, or Windows configuration.

What version of Windows are you running?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10