Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: SGrep Issue with Wildcard (-wc) Switch
« Last post by mek on June 06, 2024, 08:11:17 PM »
Thanks Clark -- unfortunately quoting or not quoting the wildcard parameters does not make a difference in the results (this is on Windows btw). 

If I were a betting man, it really does look like there is a command line argument parsing issue with sgrep where it's accidentally turning on the "-w" switch when only a -wc switch is being supplied (again that's just my conclusion based on the observed behavior).
SlickEdit® / Re: SGrep Issue with Wildcard (-wc) Switch
« Last post by Clark on June 06, 2024, 07:30:47 PM »
If you're on Linux or macOS, you should quote the wildcards to make sure something weird doesn't happen.

sgrep -i -t -pc jojo -wc "dbo.Test*" "dbo.RunTest*"
SlickEdit® / SGrep Issue with Wildcard (-wc) Switch
« Last post by mek on June 06, 2024, 04:08:47 PM »
I'm using the version of sgrep distributed with VS 2023 and am encountering an issue when using the -wc switch to include multiple file name masks for searching against.  It would appear that when this option is enabled, the searching behaves in a manner that would be consistent with the -w (Match whole word) being enabled as well -- this is not what I desire :(

failing example:  sgrep -i -t -pc jojo -wc dbo.Test* dbo.RunTest*

Text that looks like "test_jojo" will not be matched, but if the command is changed to use individual sgrep invocations for each wildcard mask, the match will be found...

passing example:  sgrep -i -t -pc jojo dbo.Test*

Don't know when this behavior started as this is really the first time I've attempted to use the -wc switch...

Thanks for your help.
SlickEdit® / Re: Excluding symbolic links
« Last post by joecar on June 05, 2024, 11:49:54 PM »
Thanks.

Unfortunately, the tree (on Windows filesystem) is riddled with symlinks (to files and directories) with no pattern that I can see.

« Last post by Clark on June 05, 2024, 10:05:40 PM »
Easiest way to specify a directory to exclude is to include a trailing slash like this:

Code: [Select]
**/symlinkdir/
« Last post by Clark on June 05, 2024, 08:42:32 PM »
Try excluding specific directories. Hopefully you don’t have a ton of symbolic link directories.
SlickEdit® / Excluding symbolic links
« Last post by joecar on June 05, 2024, 08:24:00 PM »
Project Properties : Files : Add Tree

is there a way to exclude symbolic links (i.e. to avoid duplicates filed/tags)...?

SlickEdit Pro 2023 (v28.0.2.0 64-bit Qt5)
SlickEdit® / Re: Linux newb build question
« Last post by JimmieC on June 05, 2024, 06:04:05 PM »
I tried it with and without quotes. Still not good.

-e [SE pjt@idx-vm build]$ /home/pjt/slickedit-pro2023/bin/vsbuild -hidevep -signal 1vsbuild_done -commandfile "/tmp/slk.215500.20240605175510016.-14.cmf"

VSLICKERRORPATH=/home/pjt/idx-yocto-sumo/build
/home/pjt/idx-yocto-sumo/build/bitbake mqtt-device-mgr -c compile
/bin/bash: /home/pjt/idx-yocto-sumo/build/bitbake mqtt-device-mgr -c compile: No such file or directory
[SE pjt@idx-vm build]$
« Last post by Dan on June 05, 2024, 05:52:31 PM »
My guess is that bitbake isn't in your PATH in SlickEdit for some reason. As an experiment, you could try replacing "bitbake" with the fully qualified path to it.
« Last post by JimmieC on June 05, 2024, 05:48:20 PM »
Hey Dan,
Good point! Skipped a gear there. Here is the helpful info:

[SE pjt@idx-vm build]$ /home/pjt/slickedit-pro2023/bin/vsbuild -hidevep -signal 1vsbuild_done -commandfile "/tmp/slk.215500.20240605174723603.-12.cmf"

VSLICKERRORPATH=/home/pjt/idx-yocto-sumo/build
bitbake mqtt-device-mgr -c compile
/bin/bash: bitbake mqtt-device-mgr -c compile: command not found
[SE pjt@idx-vm build]$
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10