Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: Bringing VS to front always opens a file...
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 10:37:30 am »
You could use the _StackDump function to see the call stack.  I guess slick thinks the cmdline had a filename on it so stackdump probably won't show why slick thought that.

void _buffer_add_check_file(int newBufId, _str bufName, int bufFlags = 0)
{
   if (bufName == "c:/src/file.bat")
   {
      _StackDump(1,1);
      say("bufFlags = " :+ bufFlags);
   }
}

« Last post by Clark on June 19, 2021, 07:23:55 pm »
Next time it happens, type “fexit” on the SlickEdit command line. This will exit SlickEdit without save files or overwriting any config files. Then you can try again to see if it reproduces and fexit again.
« Last post by jporkkahtc on June 19, 2021, 05:36:31 pm »
Nope, it just happens maybe once a week.
If I restart slickedit, the problem goes away.
« Last post by Clark on June 19, 2021, 11:44:56 am »
I you got a config that reproduces every time, zip it up and upload it.
« Last post by jporkkahtc on June 19, 2021, 12:43:02 am »
Happening again right now.
Only one slick process open.
I don't think I've recently had a 2nd slick (via vs -new).
Anything I can do to help diagnose?
SlickEdit® / Raspberry Pi Pico Environment
« Last post by mkatz on June 18, 2021, 11:42:32 pm »
Has anyone been able to use slickedit for Raspberry Pi Pico projects.  Their build environment uses a cmake/nmake combination to create the make files and build the project?

Thank you.
SlickEdit User Macros / Re: SymHighlights GUI
« Last post by Dennis on June 18, 2021, 10:36:30 pm »
Per-workspace is possible, since your current profile is part of your history (which can be per-workspace).

The "Errors" profile is very primitive for now, just the words "ERROR", "WARNING", and "FAILURE" (case-insensitive).
Nothing is per-file at the moment, but maybe for the next release.

There are three case options, Ignore Case, Match Case, and Per Language, which will use the language-specific case-sensitivity.
You can tack 'I' or 'E' after a slash or quoted string to force case-sensitivity. Example:  /Case/e

Enter commits items to the list.  Example.

1) add words(): [ the quick brown fox ] <ENTER>

2) after this the "add words(s)" box is emptied, and "the" "quick" "brown" and "fox" are added to the list.

3) add words(): [ jumped over the hazy fog ]

4) The words are immediately shown in the list but not committed,
    so when you backspace and change "hazy fog" to "lazy dog", then the list will update.

5) duplicates are tossed out.
« Last post by jporkkahtc on June 18, 2021, 10:06:07 pm »
Looks great - Can't wait to try it out.

Profile: If possible, make this per-workspace

Errors: Do you mean it will use the error reg-exs to add highlights? Thats great. Also a good argument for this to be per-file. (Error highlighting on the build window/buffer).
Different highlighting on a per-regex capture group basis?

IgnoreCase: I've been doing a lot of Powershell lately. It is very case-insensitive - even identifiers. It would be nice for highlighting to understand this.

Editing: Even though symHighlights allows this, I don't think I've ever used it! (I rarely use the dialog) - 99% of the time I just toggle highlights on a given word, and clear all highlights. Maybe I would use it if it supported regex.

I really like the "Add words" edit box - this is probably a lot more useful that the list.
What happens when you hit ENTER: Does it replace the list, update it? Are duplicates filtered out?

Color Palette: Fantastic.
« Last post by Dennis on June 18, 2021, 09:25:56 pm »
I am attaching a screen shot of the prototype of the Highlight tool window SlickEdit plans on adding for the next release.

Some quick explanations:

1) Profile:  Sets of words/expressions to highlight can be stored in the user configuration (user.cfg.xml), you can switch between them here, there will also be a handful of simple highlight profiles bundled, like Errors and Reminders, etc.

2) Adding words:  It will highlight words, substrings, or regular expressions, you can just type in a list of words here and they are added to the list, hit ENTER and they are committed to the list.  A double-quoted string is interpreted as a substring, an expression in slashes is interpreted as a regular expression, anything else is a word so long as it only contains word characters.  Strings can use \ escape sequences to embed a double quote or a tab character.   Regular expressions can use \/ to embed a slash.

3) The word column of the tree control will be an editable text box if you need to make corrections.

4) The Kind and Case columns will be combo boxes so you can change options.

5) The options area can be collapsed like other Tool window options areas.

6) You can select one of six highlighting styles, the default is Reverse colors, but you can also do Bold, Underline, Strikeout, Plain, and "Highlight" which just uses the background color defined for the "Highlight" color.

7) The colors used are part of the color profile, there is a new palette of 64 colors, so this "just works" with different color profiles.

8 ) You can also select to have it draw a box around the text (like SymHighlights does by default).

9) It can also create markers in the scrollbar markup area for the matches.

10) The coloring algorithm works a lot like symbol coloring, doing the current visible page, and then incrementally painting the rest of the document, this way it can scale to handle very large documents.  It will be configurable, like Symbol Coloring, to do only the current file, all visible files, or all open files.

This is a prototype.  I have a lot of work to do to clean this up the rest of the way and make it production ready.  I plan to implement most of the same (or directly compatible) commands like SymHighlights has for adding the word under the cursor, clearing highlights, toggling case sensitivity, toggling enable/disable for a words, cycling colors, etc.

I would have just sent this as a PM to JP and marksun, to continue our dialog, but the private messages do not let me attach an image.
SlickEdit® / Re: is the plugin mechanism useable in 25.0.2
« Last post by Graeme on June 18, 2021, 11:12:16 am »
One more thing, until the plugin website is working, the plugin name needs to indicate what minimum version of slickedit is needed to use that file

so this
user_graeme_nz.xretrace.ver.1.0
becomes
user_graeme_nz.xretrace.ver.1.0_slick_min_ver_25.0.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10