Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SlickEdit® / Re: SE should go on a diet
« Last post by dunkers on June 13, 2024, 10:36:05 PM »
Ah! Thank you. I am not a Dropbox user so didn't realise you could do that - just saw the 'download' popup and clicked it. Duh  ::)
SlickEdit® / Re: SE should go on a diet
« Last post by Clark on June 13, 2024, 10:32:11 PM »
You need to open the folder which contains the installers and download just one. It sounds like you downloaded all the installers because you downloaded the folder.
SlickEdit® / SE should go on a diet
« Last post by dunkers on June 13, 2024, 10:13:59 PM »
Just popped into the forum and saw 28.0.2 is now available. Woo! But where do I get it? Off to the main site, downloads, 2023 (V28). Is that the right one or the one I already have? Only one way to find out, so start the (slow - does someone need to fill the dropbox meter?) download...

5.68GB later it is here, as is every possible version of V28 apparently. Well, I have what I wanted but it occurs to me that V28.0.3 (if it happens) is going to require almost as much space as a Garmin map update to download.

Any chance that just the current version could be supplied on its own? Perhaps even just the current version for the specific OS. If one wishes to grab the Linux stuff 'just in case' it's there, but if you already have everything except the latest version it seems to be a bit of a waste of bandwidth.
SlickEdit® / Re: SE v27 loses workspace window positions
« Last post by Graeme on June 07, 2024, 07:51:53 PM »
They're in the vpwhist workspace file.
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,18811.msg74616.html#msg74616

I have no idea what would cause it.  If you make the vpwhist file readonly, and open the workspace multiple times, do you get the same results each time?  The file vrestore.slk has similar info in it.  Do you move this file between PCs  - that would cause problems I think.

See also this, dunno if these commands would help you
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,16601.msg64027.html#msg64027
Enhancements to named auto-restore commands
Commands save_named_files/load_named_files. Writes to windowstate.slk and restores files only.
Commands save_named_layout/load_named_layout. Writes to layoutstate.ini and restores tool windows and tool bars.
Commands save_named_state/load_named_state. Writes to state.ini and restores everything (files, tool windows, toolbars). Anyone
        who previously used saved_named_state/load_named_state will need to use save_named_files/load_named_files instead.
SlickEdit® / Re: Python issues in macOS
« Last post by Clark on June 07, 2024, 05:19:05 PM »
A hot fix is available for this.

Download the hot fix here:

https://www.slickedit.com/hotfixes

Then load the hot fix: Help>Product Updates>Load Hot Fix...
SlickEdit® / Re: Python issues in macOS
« Last post by Clark on June 07, 2024, 04:26:43 PM »
Function call indent style=Continuation Indent-- Smart indenting bug. we will add a hot fix for this.

Doxygen comment support for Python would be nice using triple quoted strings.
SlickEdit® / Python issues in macOS
« Last post by jorick on June 07, 2024, 03:29:42 PM »
Options->Languages->Scripting Languages->Python->Formatting->(Edit)->Indent->Function call indent style = Continuation Indent

This setting is ignored and instead uses Align on Parens.

Options->Languages->Scripting Languages->Python->Comment->Documentation comments

Any way to enable this block?

Options->Languages->Scripting Languages->Python->Comment Wrap

This would be nice to have, like C/C++.  Working with comments in Python is a nightmare.  When typing a comment starting with # and I hit the end of the line, the cursor starts a new line but doesn't add a #.  If I'm typing in the middle of a multi-line comment and the end of the comment hits the end of the line, it will start moving the words at the end of the line to the beginning of the next line but before the #.

SlickEdit Pro 2023 (v28.0.2.0)

Serial number: [redacted]
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: /Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/28/slickedit.lic

Build Date: April 4, 2024   (State file: April 26, 2024)
Emulation: CodeWright

OS Version: 14.5.0
Processor Architecture: Apple M3 Max (16 cores)

Memory: 95% Load, 62618MB/65536MB Virtual
Shell Information: /bin/bash -i
Screen Size: 1920 x 1080 (0 0), 1728 x 1117 (1920 0), 1920 x 1080 (-1920 0)

Project Type: Python
Language: .py (Python)
Encoding: UTF-8, no signature

Installation Directory: /Applications/SlickEditPro2023.app/Contents/
Configuration Directory: /Users/Richard-Bennet/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/28.0.2/
Spill File: /tmp/slkspill.Richard-Bennet.95005

Hotfixes:
/Users/Richard-Bennet/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/28.0.2/hotfixes/hotfix_se2802_7_cumulative.zip Revision: 7   (currently loaded)

SlickEdit® / SE v27 loses workspace window positions
« Last post by pmsteinm on June 07, 2024, 03:07:36 PM »
I've been having the problem for at least a year but now it's getting more annoying. I have a workspace that is pointing to a Visual Studio project. I have a main window split vertically with different files open on each side. I also have a floating window on another monitor with multiple tabs. Most of the time when I close and open my project the windows appear in the correct place. But sometimes (which seems more frequent now) the windows are randomly moved around (i.e. some stuff that was on the left is now on the right, or in the floating window, and vice versa). All the windows are open that I expect, just in what appears to be random places. I thought it was just when I went from home (3 external 4k monitors, plus laptop 3840x2400) to work (2 external 4k + laptop). But now even without undocking the window locations can get messed up when I open the workspace. I sometimes have 2 instances of SE open (2nd is a different project) but that doesn't seem to be required for this problem to occur. Can I look at the file that stores the window positions? Any ideas on what might cause this?

I'm running 27.0.2.0 with latest hotfixes on Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2.

SlickEdit® / Re: SGrep Issue with Wildcard (-wc) Switch
« Last post by mek on June 06, 2024, 09:59:39 PM »
Thanks Clark

I concur that your "fix" of explicitly providing a "default" directory (i.e. .) when using -wc does indeed produce the results I would expect.
SlickEdit® / Re: SGrep Issue with Wildcard (-wc) Switch
« Last post by Clark on June 06, 2024, 09:49:49 PM »
Interesting. It doesn't seem to work right unless you specify a path like this:

sgrep -i -t -pc jojo . -wc dbo.Test* dbo.RunTest*

the above is equivalent to this:

sgrep -i -t -pc jojo dbo.Test* dbo.RunTest*

The reason -wc was added is for users to avoid having to repeat long paths multiple times.

consider the following:

sgrep -i -t -pc jojo c:\some\really\long\long\path\dbo.Test* c:\some\really\long\long\path\dbo.RunTest*

In this case use -wc like this:

sgrep -i -t -pc jojo c:\some\really\long\long\path -wc dbo.Test* dbo.RunTest*

For now, always specify a path when using -wc.

We will look into this. It should still work without a path.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10