SlickEdit Community

Archived Read Only Forums => SlickEdit 2017 v22 Beta Discussion => Topic started by: texasaggie97 on September 27, 2017, 04:25:20 pm

Title: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: texasaggie97 on September 27, 2017, 04:25:20 pm
I am seeing this issue in RC1 even though there was another topic that said it was fixed in Beta2.

I'm not sure what additional information would be useful.
Title: Re: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: TKasparek on September 27, 2017, 06:35:08 pm
I keep seeing this one as well when retagging my project.
Title: Re: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: Clark on September 27, 2017, 08:23:56 pm
While this has already been fixed, if you continue using the old incorrectly upgraded config you will still get the same error.
Title: Re: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: rowbearto on September 28, 2017, 01:53:37 pm
I got a similar error today in RC1: "Color coding profile 'D': Invalid type 'bqmultiline' when creating a new project and adding files that had python (.py), Perl (*.pm) and cfg (*.cfg) files.

Is this the same issue?

Clark: When you said:

Quote
if you continue using the old incorrectly upgraded config you will still get the same error.

How do I fix my config to get rid of this issue?
Title: Re: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: Clark on September 28, 2017, 02:02:45 pm
Either edit your user.cfg.xml and remove that style word, save it, and say yes to the update dialog.

The other way is to exit SlickEdit, delete your 22.0.0 config, and start v22 again to upgrade from your old config.
Title: Re: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: rowbearto on September 28, 2017, 04:50:33 pm
Does that mean I remove the only the <styles v="..."> line below or something else?

Code: [Select]
<colorcoding_profiles n="colorcoding_profiles.D" version="2">
<styles v="idparenfunction eof doxygen javadoc embeddedasm bqmultiline"/>
<p n="doc_comment,/++">
<attrs end="+/" flags="multiline" nest_start="/++" nest_end="+/"/>
</p>
<p n="string,'">
<attrs end="'" flags="terminate" escape_char="\"/>
</p>
<p n='string,"'>
<attrs end='"([cwd]|)' flags="end_regex multiline" escape_char="\"/>
</p>
<p n='string,r"'>
<attrs end='"([cwd]|)' flags="end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n='string,x"'>
<attrs end='"([cwd]|)' flags="end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n='string,q{"'>
<attrs end='\}"([cwd]|)' nest_start="{" nest_end="}" flags="end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n='string,q["'>
<attrs end='\]"([cwd]|)' nest_start="[" nest_end="]" flags="end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n='string,q&lt;"'>
<attrs end='&gt;"([cwd]|)' nest_start="&lt;" nest_end="&gt;" flags="end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n='string,q("'>
<attrs end='\)"([cwd]|)' nest_start="(" nest_end=")" flags="end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n="string,q{">
<attrs end="\}([cwd]|)" nest_start="{" nest_end="}" flags="end_regex multiline embedded_end_is_token" embedded_lexer="D"/>
</p>
<p n='string,q"{[^\p{L}_{\[&lt;(\r\n \xb\xc\t]}'>
<attrs end='#0"([cwd]|)' flags="regex end_regex multiline"/>
</p>
<p n='string,q"{[\p{L}_][\p{L}\p{N}_]@$}'>
<attrs end='^#0"([cwd]|)' flags="regex end_regex multiline embedded_lexer_prefix_match" embedded_lexer="#0"/>
</p>
<p n="string,`">
<attrs end="`" flags="multiline"/>
</p>
<mn_flags v="digit_int digit_float dot_float zerox_p_float zerox_hex zerob_binary"/>
<mn_int_suffixes v="\cL \cu \cU \cLu \cLU \cuL \cUL \ci"/>
<mn_float_suffixes v="f \cL \cfi \cFi \cLi \ci"/>
<mn_digit_separator_char v="_"/>
</colorcoding_profiles>

Thanks,
Rob
Title: Re: RC1: Color coding profile 'Perl': Invalid type 'bqbackslash'
Post by: Clark on September 28, 2017, 05:03:45 pm
Just remove the word bqmultiline in the attribute value string. The rest should be fine.