SlickEdit Community

SlickEdit Product Discussion => SlickEdit® => Topic started by: chrisant on May 12, 2009, 08:48:16 pm

Title: Upgrading from 14.0.0.7 to 14.0.1.1 -- Slick-C stack
Post by: chrisant on May 12, 2009, 08:48:16 pm
I installed 14.0.1.1 and launched it.
It copied my config\14.0.0 to a new config\14.0.1 folder.

A Slick-C stack appeared in the background -- see attached (it is too large to paste in the message).

With the Slick-C stack in the background, next it prompted me about symbol highlighting.
I checked the box to highlight undefined symbols, and I clicked the button to continue using symbol coloring.

Next it prompted "Invalid object handle \n file=MenuCustomizationHandler.ex offset=4172 \n [OK]".

I can reproduce this consistently by deleting the config\14.0.1 folder and launch VS again.


If I've made any changes to the default menus in the past, it has only been one or two menu items (if even that).
Title: Re: Upgrading from 14.0.0.7 to 14.0.1.1 -- Slick-C stack
Post by: chrisant on May 12, 2009, 08:54:34 pm
And every time I launch VS, it gives the same Slick-C stack as attached in the previous post.
Title: Re: Upgrading from 14.0.0.7 to 14.0.1.1 -- Slick-C stack
Post by: chrisant on May 12, 2009, 09:07:51 pm
Here is the only menu change I've ever made:

   <Menu Name="_mdi_menu">
      <Modifications>
         <Modification Caption="Inde&amp;x..." Action="2" SubMenu="0" />
      </Modifications>

I inserted the "&" so that "Index..." would have a hotkey "X".
Title: Re: Upgrading from 14.0.0.7 to 14.0.1.1 -- Slick-C stack
Post by: Sandra on May 12, 2009, 09:19:08 pm
I've been able to reproduce this one.  That's pretty annoying, so I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Upgrading from 14.0.0.7 to 14.0.1.1 -- Slick-C stack
Post by: chrisant on May 12, 2009, 09:27:01 pm
Thanks.  I was able to work around the issue by deleting the userMenus.xml file.

UPDATE:  And then I modified the menu again via the GUI, and launching works fine (no Slick-C stack).  So I diff'd the old userMenus.xml file and the new userMenus.xml file, and here is the only difference ("<-" prefix is the old line, "->" prefix is the new line):

              <Separator ItemBefore="Find S&amp;ymbol..." ItemAfter="P&amp;ush Bookmark" ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;Search" />
              <Separator ItemBefore="Pre&amp;vious Bookmark" ItemAfter="&amp;Last Find/Grep List" ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;Search" />
              <Separator ItemBefore="&amp;Line Numbers" ItemAfter="Soft &amp;Wrap" ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;View" />
<-            <Separator ItemBefore="Soft &amp;Wrap" ItemAfter="&amp;Toolbars" ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;View" />
->            <Separator ItemBefore="Language &amp;View Options... " ItemAfter="&amp;Toolbars" ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;View" />
              <Separator ItemBefore="F&amp;ull Screen" ItemAfter="&amp;Selective Display..." ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;View" />
              <Separator ItemBefore="&amp;Flash Project..." ItemAfter="Workspace from C&amp;VS..." ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;Project&gt;Open Other Workspace" />
              <Separator ItemBefore="&amp;Workspace Properties..." ItemAfter="Add New Item from Template..." ParentCaption="_mdi_menu&gt;Project" />