SlickEdit Community

SlickEdit Product Discussion => SlickEditĀ® => Slick-CĀ® Macro Programming => Topic started by: Graeme on July 04, 2006, 10:17:09 am

Title: modification to counterpart.e
Post by: Graeme on July 04, 2006, 10:17:09 am

Attached (I hope) is a modified version of counterpart.e from here (

with two small changes
1. allow file extensions that are upper case to be recognized
2. when the source extension is .h, look firstly for .c, then .cpp  - I added a while loop for this which works fine for me but there might be a more elegant way to do.

I guess another enhancement could be to search the same directory as the current buffer for either .c or .cpp before going through the project, maybe ...
Anyway, the original author (Ryan Anderson from SE) might prefer to post his own version of these changes.
Actually in my local copy I have disabled the .e .ex conversion as I'm not sure what that's for.