Author Topic: Reference search timeout?  (Read 1230 times)

link

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Reference search timeout?
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »
In the RCs (and possibly the betas, but not v18) there seems to be some sort of timeout when searching for references, after which it will no longer cull files that contain no relevant references to the search.  In some case there are a large number of empty files in the tree.  I couldn't find any option for controlling this time, if that is in fact what it is.  Is it a bug or did I miss an option?

link

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: Reference search timeout?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »
This is still an issue in RC5.

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 90
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 02:10:07 pm »
I didn't see this when it was first posted. I remember seeing this problem frequently in V18. I don't think it's new. It is annoying though.

I also don't think it has anything to do with a timeout. I have fairly small projects and it happens frequently.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 410
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
The references search will stop when you type a key or hit escape.  It will also stop when the number of references found exceeds 1000.  Basically what happens when it stops early is that it will drop into the "find references incrementally" mode.  The tree is not fully expanded for all files, but you can still step though all the references using Find Next, or you can manually expand individual file nodes (by clicking on the "+" icon).

Searching for references can be time consuming, it is designed this way in order to make it possible to shortcut a search.