Author Topic: Global alias problem  (Read 693 times)

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Global alias problem
« on: May 12, 2022, 06:40:32 PM »
I have some global aliases set up that will add headers to my C file.  There's "chead" which adds a header to the top of a .c file, "hhead" that adds a header to the top of a .h file, and "ghead" which adds a group header within a C file.  I've been using these macros for years with no problem until the last time I updated the software.  Now the chead macro gives me "cmse_check_address_range" rather than the C file header ("hhead" and "ghead" still work fine).  I've checked the options and the C file header is still being defined in the global options.  "chead" is not defined in the local options.  Why is this happening and how do I get it back to the original macro definition?

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Re: Global alias problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 09:42:04 PM »
After going round the SE Help a few times, I finally found the answer.  I had to move the alias from the global list to the C language aliases.  At some point I'm going to have to duplicate it in the PHP and Javascript languages since I use the macro in those languages as well.  I think there may be a bug here since "chead" didn't match "cmse_check_address_range" unless it was going for "cmse_CHEck_ADdress_range" which is a bit of a stretch.