Author Topic: issue with tagging other files types  (Read 3538 times)

Barber Colman

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
issue with tagging other files types
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »
I have a C project that includes two .s90 (assembly) files. If I click on "SIG_A_TO_D_DONE" select "go to reference" when in the s90 files all references are found. If I do the same thing in the C files only references in the C files are found. What is causing this issue. For what it is worth searching for "SIG_A_TO_D_DONE" finds "SIG_A_TO_D_DONE" in both .s90 and .c files
Thanks

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
Re: issue with tagging other files types
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:53:37 PM »
Part of this problem is that in IBM HLASM, and EQU statement is considered by our tagging engine as a "const", and the same symbol in C/C++ you would be likely to use either an enumerated type or an ugly old #define.  So, right off the bat the symbol types are different.  The references engine actually recovers from that quite nicely.

The other problem was an actual bug related to how we handle lookups involving staticly scoped module-level variables.  I am working on a fix, which might not make it into the second beta, but will be in the final SlickEdit 2008.  Unfortunately, the change is in a DLL, so there will be no hot fix for SlickEdit 2007 for this issue.