Author Topic: Auto save exits full screen....??  (Read 6326 times)

cbretteville

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Auto save exits full screen....??
« on: November 24, 2006, 09:17:04 am »
Hi,
Yes, I'm a brand new user (downloaded SE yesterday). I got tired of the bugs in CW and decided it was time for another editor. As SE has a propper Brief emulation the choice was easy.

Anyway, I have auto save enabled. When it kicks in after the configured time and I'm in full screen mode it exits full screen and returns me to whatever was the window's mode before I switched to full screen. This is rather annoying. Can it be changed or is it a bug?

Cheers,
- Carl Bretteville

sdayts

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Re: Auto save exits full screen....??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:15:05 pm »
Hello,

I have also seen full screen mode exit spontaneously.
Though, I have never made the connection with auto-save functionality.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you,
Sergey

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 26
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:39:21 pm »
That is a bit of an anomaly isn't it? (Well, yes, it's a bug ;))  I've logged this in our Tracker for you and all the other folks that run into this.

In the meantime, you might want to bind the command 'fullscreen' (no quotes) to a key combination of your choice.  In fact, I've always had mine bound to Ctrl+Q which allows for a toggle between fullscreen and the normal SlickEdit view.  You can easily bind this in Tools-->Options-->Key Bindings.  Select fullscreen from the Command list, hit "Add Key or Mouse Click..." and then hit Ctrl+Q (or any unused combination of you choice), the "Bind" button, then "Done".  Now Ctrl+Q quickly toggles you back to fullscreen mode.

SlickEdit Support

cbretteville

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:39:32 am »
Thanks for the feedback. I've already had it bound to a keyboard command, so thats sorted. Now that I know it is a bug I can stop looking for a way to make it not do that.
- Carl

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 438
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:13:08 pm »
Just a note for the record.  This issue was fixed in 12.0.2.