Author Topic: Improve document for navigating GUI with keyboard  (Read 1728 times)

tinker123

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Improve document for navigating GUI with keyboard
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »
Features/Suggestion:

Greater support for the keyboard

I recently tried to reduce/stop my mouse usage with VSE due to wrist pain issues.  Despite VSE being well designed and having once been a non-gui IDE I found this experience frustrating.

There was no single piece of documentation to explain basic navigation with the keyboard.

I found a hodge-podge of user written tips by searching Google.   It is also left up to the user to make their own keybindings for navigating within slickedit.

I would like to suggest that slickedit add a 1 page guide to its documentation of how to navigate around within different parts of VSE.   Additionally,  I think it would be good if the commands to do so came prebound.   I'm guessing the bright VSE staff, given time to think about the most ergonomic keybindings for the most common commands to move around in different parts of the application can come up with a better set of keybindings than their users can making them up as they go along.