Author Topic: bug report - // comments - ENTER inserts symbol  (Read 1513 times)

dglasser

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
bug report - // comments - ENTER inserts symbol
« on: December 29, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »
I'm using SlickEdit Pro 2021, v26.0.1.0 64-bit Qt5.

In a Java file, I type a comment:

// This is the first line of the comment

Then, with the cursor at the end of the above line, I hit ENTER, and instead of going to a new line, the word "comment" is replaced with "appenderDefaults", which is the name of a private static class member.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: bug report - // comments - ENTER inserts symbol
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 03:37:38 PM »
I can reproduce this with Java.  Tried a few other languages and didn't see it. It's trying to do completion as I type the comment.  I'll take a look at it, this seems like a bug introduced to the Java language support.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 01:19:25 PM »
I will look into this sometime this week.  It should not be inserting any completions which are not selected.

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 04:41:09 PM »
@dlglasser:  I can not reproduce this issue.    Could you post your <config>/user.cfg.xml ?  Have you changed anything under Document > Java Options... > Auto-Complete, in particular the option for "Completion Choice" (the default is Manual...)

dglasser

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 09:17:15 PM »
@dlglasser:  I can not reproduce this issue.    Could you post your <config>/user.cfg.xml ?  Have you changed anything under Document > Java Options... > Auto-Complete, in particular the option for "Completion Choice" (the default is Manual...)

Dennis, I just saw this.  I've attached a .gif that shows this happening. Note that after each comment line typed, I hit ENTER three times. The first time the word "comment" changes to Arrays. (Note that the file has an import statement for java.util.Arrays, and the symbol is used several times elsewhere in the file.) The second time I hit ENTER nothing happened, and the third time the cursor moved to the next line. Note also where the lightbulb appears on the left border of the edit window. What does that indicate?

If you still need to see my user.cfg.xml file, please send me an email address to send it to. It contains personally identifying info that I'd rather not post here.

Dennis

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 03:43:17 PM »
This will be fixed in the next hot fix for 26.0.1 (or 26.0.2, whichever comes first).